Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"57" Sedona.

Removed all of the middle and rear seats on Saturday to transport some furniture and now i cannot get one of the rear seats back in. The locating rails in the boot floor for the rear drivers side seat are no longer lined up, it is asif one side has movedand is therefore out of line with the other side, so we cannot get the seat back in.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Is it something i can fix or is it another trip to the dealer?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Easy to sort, look at the rails, you will see plastic wedge, this wedge can be squeezed in to release the rail to allow it to slide, just simply do this to realign the rails.
Always happening.

·
Registered
192 Posts
why do people on this site run to the dealer they must rub there hands every time they sell a car .as a member of another owners club we have to fix our own cars as the dealers are like kia ,in the long run you will benifit from solving problems yourself give it a go if that fails then come on and ask .

·
Registered
702 Posts
corcaighbhoy said:
why do people on this site run to the dealer they must rub there hands every time they sell a car .as a member of another owners club we have to fix our own cars as the dealers are like kia ,in the long run you will benifit from solving problems yourself give it a go if that fails then come on and ask .

That would assume that all members are handy with the spanners and and understand mechanical theroy. I'm a mechanic so ts just a case of reading the manual and getting the spanners dirty, but alot of guys/owners aren't so are just asking is it a big job or could I do it myself. Some people are more reassured by taking it to the dealer than having ago themselves and making a small problem bigger. Nothing wrong with that it's their money and their lives at risk if they do it wrong.

·
Registered
192 Posts
true bruno but alot of these little things are common sense im a mechanic too and im the first to offer advice ,but what gets me is that these dealers are making a fortune out of owners who are less fortunate than us, ive never liked or trusted a dealer do the test your self if you havnt already go in with normal clothes on and they talk to you like your an idiot,then go back in with the overalls on and see the reaction when they find out your a mechanic ,it pixxes me right off people are getting ripped off they tried it with my missus a few times agghh.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Been a dealer machanic at 3 dealerships Porsche, Volvo, Rover, the equipment they have costs a fortune. The development and the trials etc cost the manufacturer plus all the other bits and bobs cost a fortune. The problem with the dealerships is poor staff or so it seems. I would never have been able just to change parts on a whim or a feeling and not being able to fix a car, I would have been out the door by Friday. There's a lot of electronics on a new car these days and if the machine shows no faults then the mechanic is stumped because they get caught out by having to remember what was taught them at collage . The guy you speak to behind the counter is working for minimum wage and only knows the pointed end from the noisy end because it was pointed out to him when he started. Sometimes you would not believe the things people bring thier cars in for time and time again ie a squeak in the dash that never happens when their in the car with a dealer mechanic, or wind noise when the window is down, the radio looses station on a trip to Devon and so on. Also having to spend hours undoing "work" that some friend told them to do as this would cure it, in some circumstances could have proved deadly
Edited by: bruno1926

·
Registered
192 Posts
you get the same with hgvs im onto that now and one of the idiots on the desk last week told a customer that as he had a balding tyre for the mot he would be better off replacing all of them as it would affect his steering agghh ,total clown the tyres are 325 quid a pop and he didnt need the others done i n the first place you should have some basic idea of mechanics, turns out it was the service manager who told him to advise it so he didnt have to say it ,what a carry on when the big boss found out then the wee girl who did the job before him didnt even drive .

·
Registered
702 Posts
Small world , I spent the 1st 20 years ons HGV's for a large fleet near London. We always did every thing ourselves except the test, after the first 12 months. All the main dealers we used knew us by sight and reputation so we never got any crap. All our drivers had basic knowledge of what went where to make it go etc, if it broke we did all our own breakdown country wide. Now work in IT networks now if you want to see some cowboys just go into a large well known high street electrical firm or ring the support guys based in a large midlands city.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts