Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I’ve got a 2018 CEED 1.4 T-Gdi auto and the PPF light came on a few weeks ago.

I do mostly small town runs, but I’ve tried twice to clear the error by taking a longer run (like the manual suggests). The first one I did about 30mins constantly over 50 that didn’t work.

Afterwards I thought it was because I kept it in auto and with 7 gears the revs were too low. So I’ve just done a longer run on the motorway and switched to semi auto and kept the gear in 5th. For 40mins I kept it between 3-4000 rpm. Then left the motorway and came back (another 40mins in 5th).

This still hasn’t cleared it, so not sure what to try now? My thinking as I’ve done beyond what the manual says, it’s probably best to take it to the dealer to see if there’s a fault? Unless there is another trick to try?

Kind Regards
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,692 Posts
There are a number of threads about PPF regen's on various models, use the search function on the header, it works really well. Also check post #8 on this thread, you may find it a help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply and link to the post. I had searched through google and read multiple posts, but I’d not seen the one you posted and that suggestion, so I’ll try that.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts