Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have just purchased a 2005 Sedona and picking it up at weekend. In the 3rd row it has a 50/50 split seat with limited boot space. I was wondering if Ipurchased 2 used captains chairs (same as 2nd row seats) if these could be put in place of the existing third row seats, areseats standard sizes, use same tracks etc? The idea behind this is as the captains chairs are onadjustable tracks once slid forward on tracks would allow more boot space for babys pram etc. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Leighton, I and several others have tried to slide the existing seats but have had no joy. The manual in the car does say the third row will slide but only if equipped with specific seats so eitherthis car is not or we just cant get the knack to slide them. Any more advice on the matter would be great, thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi again what model sedona do u have i have a lx model .i know in the boot at the back of the rear seats ,there are a few pull cords and a lever to lift for the seats to slide. i do the same thing with a baby buggy in the boot the wheels on the buggy are in the way , so i have moved on seat forward so the buggy goes in the boot nice

leighton

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The model is an L. I have looked at dozens of pictures of different models on autotrader and the only rear seats that look like they have levers for sliding are the ones that have 2x3 point seat belts and a lap belt in the middle, is this the arrangement yours has? The car Iam gettinghas 3x3 point seat belts across the back and no lever behind the seat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi again

the belts in mine are the lap belt in the middle and two normal belts either side. 50/50 seats . i know the l model is the base model .

hope this helps

leighton bethell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts