Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this question has already been posted, but could only find threads about the ISG (Idle Stop Go) not working in the Venga when the AC is on.

Does anyone know, if you can notice the ISG kick in, in the Cee'd? Or how it works?

I might be being really dumb here
, but when I test drove the car at the weekend, I didn't notice anything and forgot to ask the dealer. That could be a good thing, the ISG being subtle as it could get on your nerves, but I did wonder whether it was actually working. When I think about it, when I went out to the car, the dealer had turned it on for us and it was idling - I thought you wouldn't hear anything if the engine stopped when idle.

I am picking my car up tomorrow, so will ask the dealer then and probably answer my own question on here, but if anyone knows I would be interested to find out.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The ISG has a number of rules that have to be met before it starts working - battery charge, outside temp, etc. - so you have to be driving for a few minutes before it will work.

To make it work you put the car in neutral and release the clutch. The engine will the cut out and a light on the instrument cluster will illuminate so show that it is in ISG mode. All ancillaries - radio, lights, etc - continue working.

When you press the clutch again to select a gear, the engine will start up instantly and you drive off.

I had the system on a few KIA Ceeds as rentals from Hertz and found it worked as designed and you stopped noticing it cutting in and out when you came to a stop at traffic lights, etc. Whilst it might be a bit of a 'gimic', this was the first car that I had driven with such a system and had no problems adjusting to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes and also rember the light on the right hand below the steering wheel the light comes on when the temp is below 4 degrees the stop go does not work under that temp
So if its cold outside it wont work
Dont worry you will know the yellow light shines bright
Hope this helps its a good system but need as KTF says battery fully charged and engine op temp correct and also as i stated the outside temp
Hope this helps
Pipskee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts