Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a weird thing the other day when I had left keys in the ignition and the drivers door didn't lock but the other 3 did.

I think I had left the keys in the ignition and I wondered if after a certain time the other door would lock itself. Was okay as I live remotley but just wondered if its possible to lock yourself out and require a second set of keys to get back in?

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you use the separate boot opening button, then put your keys in the boot and then shut it, I think you would be locked out.

The automatic door locks lock at 11mph and only unlock when you take the key out of the ignition or press the unlock button, but certainly the front doors open from the inside and seem to stay unlocked once opened.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you lock yourself out? YEP! Even with a smart key!

Had my smart key in my work bag . . . long day finally over, walked to the car in the car park. Opened the tailgate (unlocks with the key in close proximity) and chucked the bag in, closed the back door. Yep, still unlocked. Walked around to the driver's door and absentmindedly pressed the unlock button on the door handle. Alarm sounded letting me know I was trying to lock the car with the key inside . . . and proceeded to press the button again. System says: "OK, key is still inside the car but you insist on locking it, so I will." Fortunately had my phone with me so I could ring my ever-tolerant wife and get her to drop off the spare!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts