Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the sat nav fron the Sat Nav model is available to buy from KIA after market?

Could it be fitted to a more basic model like the KX2 and more importantly could the reverse camera be hooked up to work?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that Pioneer have a few unit's that fit and a video showing AVIC 920BT which looks great (apart from the 800 price tag) but it doesn't seem to integrate with a rear camera.

Also wondering if non sat nav models have the camera housing as standard or if that would need installed too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the Sat Nav in the Sportage Play DVDs as well? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hi HGF69,
Don't bother, I have a KX-3 Sat Nav and it is very basic in functionality, can't even get the updates from Navteq yet! And no it does not play DVD's

Go for the Pioneer I hada 900BTin my 2009 Sportage and in was the business.

The only good thing about the factory fit is that it looks good cosmetically.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The standard nav unit doesn't play DVDs but you can play video from a certain phones or media player using a video cable into the aux socket on the console.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ianv said:
Hi HGF69,
Don't bother, I have a KX-3 Sat Nav and it is very basic in functionality, can't even get the updates from Navteq yet! And no it does not play DVD's

Go for the Pioneer I had a 900BT in my 2009 Sportage and in was the business.

The only good thing about the factory fit is that it looks good cosmetically.
Too late Ian, already on order. I assume functionality has postcodes, and hopefully speed cameras?

Any other features worth mentioning?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kia ora said:
The standard nav unit doesn't play DVDs but you can play video from a certain phones or media player using a video cable into the aux socket on the console.
Do it would play films I have on my iphone4? Wonder what cable I need.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hi HGF69,
There were 2 things I would have prefered on mine.

Speed Cameras and Current GPS speed (Kph scale on speedo is a bit small).

I have now got a Pogo Alert+ which has resolved both issues.

Post Code entry works ok. But I tend to use Lats and Longs when going to obscure places, and that works fine.

Can't play DVD's or video from my I-pod. But you can plug in a video device into the Aux socket.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We had a similar problem when ordering our First Edition no navi option and after having factory navigation in our last car it nearly stopped us from doing a deal! but after trawling the net I found a solution not available yet but coming soon after market navi unit for the kia 2011 sportage so we did the deal and waited for the unit to become available.

Got e-mail saying it was in stock and five days later it arrived and have to say we were very impressed with the finish and quality of the unit. fit the unit later that day, very easy no wires to cut just plug and play with factory connectors, colour fit and looks are spot on all very factory even the steering wheel controls work as do the USB and AUX connectors.
Turning on the ignition it lights up the side buttons that match the rest of the car exactly then KIA logo and the main screen menu, full touch screen so just tap the icon you want.

Navigation is igo8 UK European with full post code search and 3D terain mapping it has speed camera data base and usual POI and search options and brakes into any source with visual and audio commands, another good option is zoom out move map with your finger zoom back in tap location and select as destination.

DVD is very high quality the best I have seen on unit so far, you can also go into settings and select DVD while moving if you want (Watching DVD`s while driving may be not a good idea though) and again navi if on will brake in with visual and/or voice commands. It also has Rear camera input and switching if the unit is not on it will still show you screen in reverse gear

Bluetooth is also very clear and easy to use, only difference to factory is you have to use the touch screen to make and receive calls.

Radio has RDS TP and again is very easy to use, list`s the stations and bands just tap the one you want.

Virtual 5 Disc changer is very clever you just load in your CD`s and select play or standard copy or fast copy and your disk is stored on the hard drive, it also lets you delete tracks you don`t want.

I pod needs the specific lead supplied with the unit and again lets you use the touch screen or steering wheel controls

Had this unit for two months now and love it ! if you want factory looking unit with navigation then you won`t find a better looking unit, we looked at the pioneer unit but did`t want to cut the factory wiring dash trim was a bit after market for us.
There is a post on another site all about it as i can not get pictures to load on here or links

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/64326-after-market-navi-radio-dvd-bt.html

Edited by: kia$torm

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pogo alerts are great. I'm disappointed that the SN doen't have speed cameras. So, if I want those I'll have to have my TomTom on also? Defeats the prupose.

You mentioned the updates don't work? How? I wonder if its the upgradeable in other ways and Kia have upgrades planned to add cameras in future.

Also KPH - why not mph? We're in the UK.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kia$torm - whats the price? If its £600 or something I really can't justify that I'm afraid.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Don`t think you can install camera data base on to Navteq had all this with our last car. The price we paid was £285 + postage also you can have digital speedo that shows your current speed and what the permitted speed of the road your on in MPH and KPH handy if you travel to Europe as we do.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hi KiaStorm,
Sounds like you really found yourself a very good cheap solution.

I don't think you can also go wrong with the iGO8 software either.

Read the posts from Kia-forum.com which also generated a lot of interest.

When I got my Sportage, it came with a registration card to register with Navteq for updates.

Navteq didn't know anything about their product being on the Sportage and told me contact KIA!

I didn't like that "go away" attitude from those dim wits.

The Pogo Alert+ I got is ok for for the functions I was missing (Speed Cameras & KPH speed reading for when I'm in Europe) and it is tiny. But I wish I had seen your post on Kia-forum before

1 - 18 of 18 Posts