Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a KIA Picanto 2017 (facelift model), and it doesn't have an LCD audio and Display unit. It also doesn't have a reverse camera in the Tailgate handle (like in highest grade versions). Can I connect the OEM tailgate handle with the camera to this?. I saw a video on youtube where a guy is installing an OEM LCD audio unit, and it seems to be working but will the OEM camera work with that unit, or will I have to add some additional wiring in to get it working?.

Here is the camera that I'm planning to install.

Here is the video that I found on youtube.

Super Moderator
Should be possible.
Are you planning on using your head unit? As that may already have the input. Just a case of running feed from camera to head unit and finding where the switch goes to switch to rear camera.
So does the ebay purchase have the cable? Is the camera working or even there, and does it include the rest of the wiring & switch?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be possible.
Are you planning on using your head unit? As that may already have the input. Just a case of running feed from camera to head unit and finding where the switch goes to switch to rear camera.
So does the ebay purchase have the cable? Is the camera working or even there, and does it include the rest of the wiring & switch?
I bought the above Head unit and it didn't have any cables. I just connected it to my car(just plugged in the existing cables) and it worked fine (The radio, Bluetooth connectivity etc). But my car doesn't come with a rear camera. The OEM head unit I bought supports the reverse camera. I want to know whether I can connect a new Tailgate handle + Camera which comes to the higher grade cars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.