Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before my dads Kia venga 2015 plate is due it’s service next week are these chain or belt timing please
Also what service should be done for warranty etc interim or full I think it’s done about 30000 miles
Thank you Simon

·
Registered
391 Posts
These are Gamma engines and chain drive. A correctly specced oil is therefore very important.
2015 to 2021 is 6 years and that will be a full service (the timings are in the handbook if that helps).
Note they don't include the pollen filter and use it as an opportunity to upsell (about £35) as the service schedule in the handbook is a check and replace rather than a replace. 6 years should also be brake fluid change but depending how good your dealer is they may just suck out what is in the brake reservoir and replace that as it saves them time on the bleed procedure. If the bleed nipples are dry and dusty when you get the car back, chances are they won't have done it (it is a really common miss amongst all Marques btw as if they strip the thread / break the bleed nipple due to corrosion, its a new brake caliper which doesn't go down well with the customer). If its been serviced properly beforehand, it shouldn't be that bad though.
It should also be a fuel filter on 6 years and again because its a messy job, some dealers miss it as you won't know until fuel delivery starts to stutter in about 4 years time. If unsure it has been done, ask to see the old one.
Not all dealers are bad though so hopefully yours is a good one. The forum is 50:50 on good and bad dealer reviews.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi how easy is it to replace the pollen filter and spark plugs on these as the dealer are quoting £50 for spark plugs

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Pollen filter simple..this is left hand drive.. RHD is the same..

Spark plugs are also easy just need the right length extension and plug socket and would advise you tape the socket to the extension bar .. its a little tight under the scuttle but very doable..plugs are kia part 188855 10060 or NGK LZKR6B 10E

This the Hyundai i20 and basically the same job..might even get away with the right size box spanner..

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Owner's Manual shows that for Europe the Fuel Filter should be 'Inspected' every 48 Months or 40K miles and everywhere else it should be 'Inspected' at 24 Months, 'Replaced' at 48 Months and again 'Inspected' at 72 Months etc. I doubt many garages would go to the trouble of removing the filter if the car is running OK.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't know what servicing schedule you're using but according to my handbook the spark plugs should be replaced every 48 months or 40K miles. So not needed at 72 Months/60K miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts