Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 5 years ago we were lucky enough to win a 1.3 KIA RIO from the paper ... its been a great car up till now ... but recently its been getting a few things crop up ..... so can anyone help with the following ...
1) i went to get into the car at the start of this week and the heater fan was going without there even being a key in the ignition ...... the only way we could stop it was by removing the fuse .. and driving round in a rather chilly car ... my husband would like to try and purchase a new set of heater switches and fit them ... firstly where would be the best place price wise for him to get them ... how likely is he to be able to replace them himself ... and is there anything to help him with this .... eg a workshop manual or info online anywhere

2) since before xmas the hand break warning light has been staying on for prolonged periods .. not all the time tho ... is this anything to worry about ??

3) sometimes when going over uneven surfaces we hear a high pitched kind of screeching noise ... as if something gets moved out of place and maybe catches on something .. we thought it was the heater fan ... but it has done it a few times whilst the fan has been disconnected .. so were thinking it might be something else ... it only does it very occasionaly and it doesnt do it for long .. maaybe a minuet or less

4) when the car judders like when your pullig off in too higher gear theres rattle coming from underneath the rear end of the car .. or so it seems .. again it only happens very occasionaly

5) is there anything like a workshop manual or anything on line to refer to when trying to do repairs on the kia ??

the car has almost 65000 miles on the clock if that makes any difference .. and we realised when looking in the handbook for info on the problems weve been having that it recomends the cam belt be replaced at 60,000 so we are going to get that done in a few weeks time hopefully

any help any of you can give with these would be greatly appreciated ... thanks jill

·
Registered
887 Posts
1, Not sure of actual fault, but heater controls, ebay or kia dealer i'd guess, to replace, just pull off the whole plstic piece, only clipped on.
2, Check your brake fluid level.
3, Possible low brake fluid and high pitched screech, check your brake pads too.
4, Either exhaust heat shield, rear seats need 'adjustment' or rear shock top bushes gone.
5, no aftermarket manuals that i know of, maybe something avilable in the usa as model sold there is mechnicaly the same.

60k for belt yes, get it done!

·
Registered
662 Posts
ref the heater running all the time check the heater resistor we have had a few of thease that short out internaly and cause the fan to run when control and ignition is off
as for the rest have to agree with Murphwiz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts