Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my firmware and nav updated and now I can't turn off the camera alerts!
In the settings menu it shows as off, but I still get the annoying beep. What's worse is that the beep is when I'm right next to the camera!
I've tried various combinations of settings.
My current version:

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
70 Posts
I've just had my firmware and nav updated and now I can't turn off the camera alerts!
In the settings menu it shows as off, but I still get the annoying beep. What's worse is that the beep is when I'm right next to the camera!
I've tried various combinations of settings.
My current version:
View attachment 9001

Anyone else have this problem?
I've only just taken delivery of mine so still working a few things out. Is it right that you only get the camera alerts via wi-fi connection to your phone's mobile hotspot?
Thanks

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
74 Posts
My Sportage has the most up to date software/map (dec 20), camera alerts work even without my phone connected.
If it’s anything like my-old Mazda (used Tom Tom),camera locations were downloaded alongside the map update.
live information was only for mobile cameras and traffic.

·
Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
70 Posts
My Sportage has the most up to date software/map (dec 20), camera alerts work even without my phone connected.
If it’s anything like my-old Mazda (used Tom Tom),camera locations were downloaded alongside the map update.
live information was only for mobile cameras and traffic.
It's possible that the Stinger isn't as up to speed on little things like this as it certainly isn't enabled for the UVO App like some other KIAs

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not sure but I think there may be a difference between Speed Alert cameras and Safety Cameras.

If you have switched off Speed Alerts (/Navigation./Alerts/Camera Alert on/off/) and you still get bleeps it may be a Safety Camera that is bleeping. I have noticed that I get advanced warning and a bleep as passing those cameras Although I agree switching off alerts should have killed them all. There is also a different behaviour when entering a Average Speed Camera areas.

(Safety Cameras are at some Red lights and railway crossings in my area.)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure about the speed cameras as I use Android Auto, but forgive me for going a bit off topic, but Tomsk, since the firmware update, can you now see the speed limit in the HUD? (from your photo you seem to have the old style screen so may be missing this option).

Cheers :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I'm not sure about the speed cameras as I use Android Auto, but forgive me for going a bit off topic, but Tomsk, since the firmware update, can you now see the speed limit in the HUD? (from your photo you seem to have the old style screen so may be missing this option).

Cheers :)
No speed limit in the HUD

Back on topic.
I turned the Kia Nav warnings on with a distance and I still got the alert beeps as I was next to or passing the cameras.
The Kia tone was a lower pitch too and they alerted before the camera at the set distance.
So I now think the warnings are from google maps but there doesn't seem to be an option to turn them off.

This didn't happen before my Kia system upgrade.
It seems google maps was also recently updated (13 Jan)

Is anyone else having this problem using android auto?

edit
Did a little more research and troubleshooting.
I will try a few things like uninstalling the google maps update, clearing cache & app data and report back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts