Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Timing chain also - hopefully better lubricated than my old Vectra 2.2 - chain guides dried and fractured, chain jumped two teeth, engine went bang and cost me £1300 for a rebuild :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
drakey said:
Timing chain also - hopefully better lubricated than my old Vectra 2.2 - chain guides dried and fractured, chain jumped two teeth, engine went bang and cost me £1300 for a rebuild :(
A friend of mine had that happen to him TWICE on his Vectra several years back, and both times while the car was still under 3 years old!!!! He had bought it new and in the end they finally replaced his Vectra with a new Astra. He sold that and has never owned a Vauxhall again since. I too made a mental note to myself to never buy a Vauxhall.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Drakey I heard they VX engines had to be run on 5W30 fully synthetic oil because of the small oil feed holes that lubed the chain.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK cool Im sure Iwas told once that a timing chain was better in the long run as the Belt needs replacing every 60,000-80,000 unless it is a Vectra :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I'm being thick here, but want to be 100% clear... the original post didn't mention a year... I have a 57 registration 1.6 petrol Cee'd... so does that have a timing belt or a chain?Sorry to be such a numbskull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts