Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 CRDI Changed the alternator and aircon belt on sunday as they was making a noise when the car warmed up.Ito a look behind the top cover and looked like the belt had been changed before i bought the car 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Was taking my daughter to collage this morning and it dyed on me had some tools in the back undone top cover and yes belt all slack.

got home removed all the bits to check on damage got the water pump pulley off no problem but the botom removed the last few bolts and bottom pulley.

Give the cover a little pull to get it out and the belt tensioner fell out the bolt has snapped off flush in the block.

wright what i am after nowing isita plate on the front of the engine that houses the water pump that the tensioner bolts into.

many thanks martin
Edited by: dmc

·
Registered
702 Posts
dmc said:
2003 CRDI Changed the alternator and aircon belt on sunday as they was making a noise when the car warmed up.Ito a look behind the top cover and looked like the belt had been changed before i bought the car 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Was taking my daughter to collage this morning and it dyed on me had some tools in the back undone top cover and yes belt all slack.

got home removed all the bits to check on damage got the water pump pulley off no problem but the botom removed the last few bolts and bottom pulley.

Give the cover a little pull to get it out and the belt tensioner fell out the bolt has snapped off flush in the block.

wright what i am after nowing isita plate on the front of the engine that houses the water pump that the tensioner bolts into.

many thanks martin
Hi
You could try Sedona Gary based near Wellingbourh near Corby his details are

Call Gary On07799 408459 Or Email [email protected]

He sells and breaks Sedona's for a living he may be able to help you.

·
Registered
702 Posts
kiasedonadude said:
i have a 2004 kia sedona diesel 2.9D at whatmileage does the cam belt need doing? This still has the original the miles are 58652 many thanks
Unfortunaly for you 60,000 miles is the recomended change , just have a look at EBay to see how many snapped cambelt Sedona's there are

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
autodata book states 60.000 miles or 72 months (6 years)which ever comes first.
mine had been changed befor i bought it and who ever did it tightned up the tensioner bolt to much so now have a nact engine.

and now being messed about from the garage i bought it from said was to be collected this morning and yes its still here out side me front door.
Edited by: dmc

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have just bought a 2007 with 116000 miles on it previous owner said the belt was changed at 89k but was done by a none KIA garage......... So unsure if the tensioners had been changed (or the belt) i had a mate of mine do it just to be sure at his workshop.........
the belt was new but the tensioners had not been chamged, the bad news was the aux belt pully was sized and snapped the casting....... looks like it had been cross threaded by the monkey who put the original belt on....

So i had to get a front timing casing, pully and gaskets, called warwick KIA at 2pm and they got the parts for 9am the next day.......... only down side was cost £436.00 plus £200 for cambelt kit!!!
Upshot was i was charged £80 labour, hardest days work ever i guess, oh and the small oil leak from the crank seal has now been fixed.

Of course if the tensioners had failed it could have cost a lot more...........!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update time
after a lot of moaning at them my sedona was picked up monday morning so awaiting on the out come as the still have not herd from the garage doing it.

just hope they are replacing the front case the tensioner bolts too and it still goes lick it did when i got it will be going over it with a fine tooth comb when i get it back.

i am going to be his worst nightmare if there is any more problems with it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it back today not happy at all.
had lack of power intercooler hoses where all loose bolts missing from bracket holding boost valve to inter cooler.

ok i thought just a couple of little bits wrong THEN noticed the timming belt cover fitted wrong and bolts missing from it looked more into it and the have put the bottom cover over the top of the top cover and broken the cover around the fuel pump and a big disk missing that covers it.

all in all not happy so it goes back tomorrow from them to get it wright see if the will put it in to a garage that i want it to go to.

Every bolt was put in a bag and put with every part so cant see how i have bolts missing from it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it sure does they wont give me the name of the garage that did it or phone number.
the gave me a address and post code to where it went for repair but there was a 8 mile difference to the road and the post code so which did it go to the post code or the road they said.

Iwas a workshop formana few years ago and there is no way i would let a car go out like this and the person that done it would have been given his p45.

i just wont my money back now if i have no luck with that i want £500 off them and i will get new covers anddo it myself.

must say hewill be in for ashockwhen i really lose it with him.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
update time
pulled it apart this afternoon and think they put this back to gether with just there fingers.

only found one tight bolt and that was the one they had crossed threaded (engine mount bracket to chassie rail ) on removal if the top cover cranked it round only to find exhaust cam 1 tooth rertarded and only 3 bolts and the crank pulley holding the bottom cover on and the crank pulley was only finger tight and bottom case in two parts.

thanks to bruno1926 for the info on sedonagary.

missed the postman today hope its the covers from sedonagary if the are thats quick turn around only orderd and paid for themwednesday night

·
Registered
702 Posts
dmc said:
update time
pulled it apart this afternoon and think they put this back to gether with just there fingers.

only found one tight bolt and that was the one they had crossed threaded (engine mount bracket to chassie rail ) on removal if the top cover cranked it round only to find exhaust cam 1 tooth rertarded and only 3 bolts and the crank pulley holding the bottom cover on and the crank pulley was only finger tight and bottom case in two parts.

thanks to bruno1926 for the info on sedonagary.

missed the postman today hope its the covers from sedonagary if the are thats quick turn around only orderd and paid for themwednesday night
Sedonagary is normally quick sending the parts top guy for used parts and second hand sedona's. last time I was down there he had around 12 for sale and a number of breakers. The bottom pulley needs to be tight very tight , I'vebought one with the bottom pulley missing after someone did a cam belt and din't get it tightened enough

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
all going well now keep listning for the slightest noise but not hadnone.
had a good run out in it yesterday 350 miles and didnt miss a beat and around 39mpg @ 70mph.

would only get 30mpg @70mphat the most from my old toyota lucida.

·
Registered
702 Posts
dmc said:
all going well now keep listning for the slightest noise but not hadnone.
had a good run out in it yesterday 350 miles and didnt miss a beat and around 39mpg @ 70mph.

would only get 30mpg @70mphat the most from my old toyota lucida.
Its good mpg for a large car but if you drive it keeping up with traffic and avoid the traffic lights gran prix you can get decent mpg out of the Sedona. We went Scotland last year and averaged 41 mpg over the course of 2 weeks without looking like a snail. Just had mine MOT'ed today all I had to do beforehand was a n/s rear handbrake cable and a 12" lengh of sill welded up with a new plate ( had to do the n/s last year) all in all it cost £42 for the test which is the most it's cost since I got it 6 years ago

1 - 19 of 19 Posts