Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sportage Reversing Camara.
I agree with all the previous remarks regarding dim/out of focus vision on the reversing rearview screen, mine on a 2020 Sportage is pretty grim and really difficult to read at night. However, reading the comments about it, it appears to be the standard for the make and model. (n)
My question is "what is the function of the 'camera' logo button on the Centre console for", as nothing seems to happen when put on." I was hoping that it may enhance my dim ear view.:unsure:

Bogart

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sportage Reversing Camara.
I agree with all the previous remarks regarding dim/out of focus vision on the reversing rearview screen, mine on a 2020 Sportage is pretty grim and really difficult to read at night. However, reading the comments about it, it appears to be the standard for the make and model. (n)
My question is "what is the function of the 'camera' logo button on the Centre console for", as nothing seems to happen when put on." I was hoping that it may enhance my dim ear view.:unsure:

Bogart
The camera logo on the centre console is to activate the forward facing camera which will only come on when forward motion drops to around around 10mph or so. This is used to assist you when parking the car etc and also activates the front sensors and has no effect on rear camera use,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2020 Sportage with a reversing camera (RC) that is as cloudy as a good pint of cider but reported to be akin to every other Sportage of the period. I gather that it is very expensive to replace with Kia and if it was the same model RC replacement, I doubt that it would be any better. I was given a Kia Ceed as a courtesy car last month and the RC was crystal clear and highlighted the vast difference in performance between that and my car.

Has anyone had one replaced of late? if so by what and where? Help, please.

Bogart

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
7,499 Posts
Re above post. Moved to Sportage section as not a website issue.

Reactions: admin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts