Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the climate control is on automatic in a Picanto3 2019, then the noise from the fan is unbearably loud and far too draughty.. SWMBO reaction is to randomly turn the temperature up or fully down. My cure is to turn the fan speed down manually, but that cancels the automatic mode. In my Skoda there are options to adjust the aggressiveness of the fan when on auto. Is there a similar adjustment in the Picanto?

·
Registered
188 Posts
If the direction is set to the windscreen, then I believe it comes on at full pelt, try changing to another position, it should then come on at the set speed.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If the climate control is on automatic in a Picanto3 2019, then the noise from the fan is unbearably loud and far too draughty.
The idea of the Auto button is to give you maximum demisting without arsing about with a number of controls, simply press one button. It turns on the A/C (if its off), sets the fan to max, directs all the air to the screen and (I think) sets and appropriate temp).

Feel free to change any of these but if you do it will not do the job it was designed for.

You should only need it on for short while for it to do its job then simply cancel auto and it will resume its normal setting.

For the record we have hated Auto in all the cars we ahve owned with such a button. We know what temp, fan speed, flow direction we want and when we need the A/C on. With a good climate system once set you rarely need to adjust it but the one button is handy when you mist up.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
If the climate control is on automatic in a Picanto3 2019, then the noise from the fan is unbearably loud and far too draughty.. SWMBO reaction is to randomly turn the temperature up or fully down. My cure is to turn the fan speed down manually, but that cancels the automatic mode. In my Skoda there are options to adjust the aggressiveness of the fan when on auto. Is there a similar adjustment in the Picanto?
The entire point of the auto setting is that the system will direct airflow and fan speed to achieve the user's selected temperature as quickly as possible, and/or demist the windscreen if it is needed.. The fan speed should automatically reduce as the car reaches equilibrium. If you don;t want that then don't select auto.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Works just fine on auto setting, as above, in wetter cooler weather, like today. In hot and sunny weather the fan roar is just too much. I can slow the fan down myself but SWMBO is all over the place. Tried to show her, but she does not like that. As I said, my Skoda Octavia has automatic climate control AND there are options for the aggression of the fan to make it quieter or indeed louder before equilibrium is established.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I never use auto mode, but when I have pressed the button and everything runs at maximum, I just put it down to this feature working as designed.

I've never owned a car with auto climate control that lets you adjust the way auto mode behaves, so I guess your Skoda experience is more of an exception than a rule in this regard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts