Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have the 32 mph shudder problem?

There have been a number of references on previous posts to the Ceed CDI auto 32 mph shudder problem. What happens is that if your revs are at about 1600 rpm and your speed moves up or down to about 32 mph then you get the judder. Whether this is a fuel issue or a gear-box one I do not know but for me it is the one blemish in what is a highly refined car.

If you have a CDi auto and haven't noticed it then try to replicate the conditions described above. It's most apparent when you are easing off the accelerator as you enter a 30 mph speed zone.

Is this your experience or not? It would be great if we could bring all the responses together into a single thread.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
HiAs in the earlier topic on this subject [Ceed 3 CDi Auto],I will be ringing or more likely going in to my local Kia dealer, to see how there test car went on. This will be on Wednesday the 27th of July.

What is also very interesting, I was looking at a Hyundai Forum and guess what, they have the same problem with the i30 crdi auto, which uess the same gearbox and engine as the Cee'd.

None of the Kia Soul owners on this forum appear to have this problem, which is tuned differently.

It is a pity Silver never came back with the results of his visit to Kia Weybridge?

packman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Nobbo,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

They said the car
had not done enough miles to be conclusive. As I mentioned on http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/ceed-3-cdi-auto_topic2813_page3.html
I was given the "FIX" but it did not work.

The fault lies in
the way the ECU interprets the MAF sensor readings and adjusts the automatic
gearbox change. I know the fault does not happen in pre face lift auto crdi
models or in the Kia Soul, which both use the same MAF sensor. On my car the
fault happens when the car is going down a slight hill, not enough to free
wheel but enough to confuse the gearbox about which gear to be in. I passed
this on to my local garage but there hands are tied by Kia UK. There are so
many variables to look at on the revised crdi engine, obviously the Korean
Techs or whoever designed the ECU software/firmware cannot get the settings
right.

It is one year
since I reported the fault and had my first injector reset. The fault must have
been with the car virtually from new. [I'm the second owner 6 months old and
4000 miles]

I'm still waiting
to see how the Hyundai i30 owners get on. They were told there is no
"FIX" yet, funny how Kia has one? Also interesting, how this appears
to be affecting UK drivers. I posted on another forum for overseas owners to
report the same fault. Nobody has replied, plenty have looked. http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-ceed-forum/71614-calling-mainland-europe-ceed-crdi-automatic.html

Hope I'm wrong
but the fault may just be regarded as "inherent" on this model by Kia
and not dangerous. Therefore it may never be fixed.
packman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Packman

ive just posted on the Kia motors facebook page, lets see if i get an answer.

: ANY NEWS ON A FIX FOR THE JUDDER THE UK SPEC 2010 CEED 1.6CRDI 113BHP AUTOMATIC GETS AT AROUND 1400-1600 REVS AT 32MPH??? MAYBE A REMAP TO THE SPEC OF THE UK SPEC SOUL 1.6CRDI 126BHP AUTOMATIC (SAME ENGINE & GEARBOX) THAT DOSENT GET THE JUDDER.

ive owned mine from new (july 2010) and it started within a few months. ive now done 6500miles and the problems not getting any better. i think a remap may solve the problem but it costs over £200 and voids the warranty

·
Registered
25 Posts
just been on the phone with Kia UK. apparently my car was re-mapped recently after complaints to my dealer regarding this Judder. i was also told by Kia UK that there were no known issues with the Ceed 3 CRDi 1.6 Auto and that if it still happens, to take it to my dealer who will then contact Kia UK technical. looks like there not willing to admit there is a problem with this model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi NOBBO,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I think this
problem will not be fixed any time soon. Have a look at the Kia Carens forum
under the heading "ENGINE SURGING". Not the same engine as the Cee'd
but certainly the same mechanical parts. Again, effecting mainly automatics.

Looks suspiciously
like the electric ERG valve could be involved here as well. I just do not know.
packman

·
Registered
25 Posts
i wait and see what happens because im not sure if the judder has happened since my last visit to the dealers. i have notice tho during the weekend the car has not "juddered" but gave the feeling that it wanted to judder. also they cant tell me when it got remapped so im not sure if it has happened since it was done (been to dealers5 times). the last time it was at dealers was 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hadn't noticed the judder until I read this thread, shortly after taking delivery of my s/h ceed in October. Took it back to dealer who used a Kia fix to fix the problem. Has been OK since then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts