Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes bruno it does!!!!!!!! coz yr not answering my question. are you bright spark????? we think the DVLA website is incorrect!!!!!! hence, while i am asking anyone who knows for defo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, its 2007 reg.
i dont know if you read my other thread, i thought it was band k (anything after 2006)all the websites i read info on states bank k @ £260 but today the car dealership put it through as an L band @ £440 which is a big jump. I have had a look at the DVLA website, which I think maybe incorrect as all the other websites including parkers guide state band k.
Was just wondering if anyone who already had a similar car knew the actual price and could confirm the DVLA wedsite is correct.
But thanks for responding and if you could offer anymore info it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Whats does the V5 state the first use and emissions to be?
That is what you get taxed on, dealer doesn't have an option.
It is possible it has been classed a\s the wrong band at initial registration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 57 GS auto too, did the research before i bought it, though it was band K but when i saw the V5 it was clearly Band L. I checked all of the websites, but it's hard to argue with the V5. I just pay up.

I suspect your next posting will be about the MPG, don't expect to get near the manufacturers figures, ours does about 25mpg around town and a bit bit better on a run!

·
Registered
702 Posts
sedona user said:
yes bruno it does!!!!!!!! coz yr not answering my question. are you bright spark????? we think the DVLA website is incorrect!!!!!! hence, while i am asking anyone who knows for defo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still cant see a reason for two threads for 1 question, but seeing as you think I'm a bright spark have a look at the site below.

http://www.car-emissions.com/cars/model/kia/sedona

It appears there is/are 2 lots of data for the 2007 Sedona along with different immission and MPG which I would assume is the difference between the VTG and the WGT diesel engines, maybe thats where your confussion is coming from.

·
Registered
422 Posts
bruno1926 said:
sedona user said:

Still cant see a reason for two threads for 1 question, but seeing as you think I'm a bright spark have a look at the site below.

It appears there is/are 2 lots of data for the 2007 Sedona along with different immission and MPG which I would assume is the difference between the VTG and the WGT diesel engines, maybe thats where your confussion is coming from.
Hi Bruno, I wouldn't have bothered replying to him if he talks to people like that - its not even a question that required posting on the forum (once - yet alone twice) - when a simple phone call to the DVLA could have answered his question. He should read the House Rules sticky and read item 6!

Edited by: alcutler

·
Registered
390 Posts
alcutler said:
bruno1926 said:
sedona user said:

Hi Bruno, I wouldn't have bothered replying to him if he talks to people like that - its not even a question that required posting on the forum (once - yet alone twice) - when a simple phone call to the DVLA could have answered his question. He should read the House Rules sticky and read item 6!
See my post too, Bruno.
Wouldn't have bothered but it shows the newbie how be on this site and well done for being desent and wise in your reply and manner.
Steve gx Blackpool

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks alan and Steve, Why he couldn't see that as the DVLa collect the tax then what ever they say goes regardless of what anyother website/guy in the pub/crystal ball says. Why it had to have 2 threads started within a short period of time is still beyond me. It does seem to be a growing problem with newbies either not looking through out the entire forum for an answer to a problem before asking it again, or when you try and point this out all of a sudden you are in the wrong. As you know I'll try and help/answer any problem some one has but at times they would probably get more out of it if they helped theirselves first. It does make me want to ignore him in future, but I'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
399 Posts
stevegx said:
alcutler said:
bruno1926 said:
sedona user said:

See my post too, Bruno.
Wouldn't have bothered but it shows the newbie how be on this site and well done for being desent and wise in your reply and manner.
Steve gx Blackpool
[/QUOTE

Hear Hear, there are other sites to cater for aggressiveness, just keep it KIA or switch off!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
sorry to correct you guys but its 3 threads.Two in sedona andone in newbies section. I dont know hey...other forums call that spamming!

·
Registered
390 Posts
RichieD76 said:
sorry to correct you guys but its 3 threads.Two in sedona andone in newbies section. I dont know hey...other forums call that spamming!
Hi. Yes I spotted the third thread on the Newbies too.
I 'learned' that his site is to ask when stuck then share.
Maybe newbies should have a Twitter account so they can twit-to-woe!
Steve G x Blackpool

·
Registered
887 Posts
There are, as stated 2 levels of emissions on later sedonas, early models have the band L emissions, after this tax band was announced by the robbin barstewards, shortly after kia brought out a revised model with lower emissions.
DVLA is correct, whats on your V5 is what your gonna pay!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts