1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
That is due to the 2nd link just giving you chance to view the available options.
It would help if it allowed you to then click on what you would like & them go through the buying process. But it does not.

So use 2nd to choose your plan, then go to 1st and buy your plan.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@iooi, thank you. That is what I am doing. But when I go to the first link to buy, i don't see the option to add MOT, however I can buy the two services without mot. I need year 2 and 3 service, and MOT along with the 3rd service.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I don;t think they offer MoT on service plan - my dealer does not do MoTs so they are farmed out which means that the dealer has no control over future prices.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
@iooi, thank you. That is what I am doing. But when I go to the first link to buy, i don't see the option to add MOT, however I can buy the two services without mot. I need year 2 and 3 service, and MOT along with the 3rd service.
Do you have to select a dealer when purchasing?

When I got the Niro I priced up plan on Kia site & then asked dealer. Came out same price. If I use the dealer I bought car from, I get MOT for life.

I would just ring your Kia dealer and see how they charge compared to online pricing.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Do you have to select a dealer when purchasing?

When I got the Niro I priced up plan on Kia site & then asked dealer. Came out same price. If I use the dealer I bought car from, I get MOT for life.

I would just ring your Kia dealer and see how they charge compared to online pricing.
I bought my service plan through the Kia website. I am free to go to any Kia service garage, but the MOT is not included. I do, however, get a decent discount (about 33% if my memory serves me correctly) if done at the same time as the service

·
Registered
705 Posts
More or less the last paragraph on the service plan paperwork says you can buy MOT's for £35.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@firefly6260, you mean that I can buy the service plan without MOT and when I would receive paperwork, it will be mentioned there that I can buy mot for £35?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hiya SP03, I bought my plan at the same time as the car so I don't know precise process for aftersales. Hope it helps you.

·
Registered
626 Posts
@firefly6260, you mean that I can buy the service plan without MOT and when I would receive paperwork, it will be mentioned there that I can buy mot for £35?
Yes this is what it says on mine

MOT Test Fee: Customers can purchase MOT tests for £35 per MOT test, for use at participating dealers. These are intended to be applied at the service visits annually from 36 months (3rd service) onwards. The MOT test fee is for the Government MOT test and excludes the cost of any required repairs. MOT fee is zero rated for VAT. MOT offer excludes Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Valid at participating dealers only.

Reactions: solarpower03

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once you buy the plan, is it possible to book service online with the local kia dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
Once you buy the plan, is it possible to book service online with the local kia dealer?
When I tried I got a message saying I had a service plan and I should book direct with your chosen dealership.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I should book direct with my chosen dealership.
I purchased my car from a KIA dealer somewhere north of Watford and opted to buy the 5-year service package which the sales chappie explained could be used for any of the five services at any UK KIA dealer. Having a choice of two firms reasonably local to me, I opted for one which I thought was easier to drive to and whose premises were a little more salubrious than the other - appearances eh!

As it turned out, I quite like the dealership I chose and have had the first four services performed there. I choose to have MOT tests conducted independently but, were I to purchase another KIA, I doubt they would be prepared to match the best discount available through brokers. I'd give them the chance though!

I read some figures not long ago about pre-paid service plans and it seems that most of the major carmakers offer something, be it a monthly plan or a one-off payment. The prices, however, did not seem attractive compared to the deal I was offered 4.5 years ago. For the record, £609.00 was what I paid for 5 services in advance. I realise that that only includes two major services and three inspections as a low-mileage user but that seems very reasonable to me , especially when I see the kind of charges my sons face for their German cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts