Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<DIV =msg>Hi all
Looking to buy the new shape sportage. Seen them on a web site called Buyacar which offers big discounts. Any one had any dealings?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
yes i have a sportage on order from them i originally ordered a hyundai ix35 in aug last year but they told me in december that they were getting loads of hassle and no delivery dates from hyundai so they cancelled the order i then ordered a sportage 18th dec with a provisional date of march/april but that date has slipped until late may still have my doubts but keeping my fingers crossed they get the car to me soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I am buying from new car discount, one that is pre registered. A Couple of things to know firstly they keep the log book for the first 6 months. This means that some insurance companies will not insure you as you are not the registered keeper. But the savings are alot better than I could get from my local dealers. My worry is getting warranty work done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
The reason for buying the KIA Sportage is for the 7 year warranty. I don't change my car every year. Also because of the popularity of the Sportage they have increased thier price £1800
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
rrowney said:
I am buying from new car discount, one that is pre registered. A Couple of things to know firstly they keep the log book for the first 6 months. This means that some insurance companies will not insure you as you are not the registered keeper. But the savings are alot better than I could get from my local dealers. My worry is getting warranty work done.












why would they keep the log book? if they keep the log book / reg doc then they are still the registered owner by law because your names not on the official document, but you paid them money!!! i smell a small Disney character
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
brucie said:
yes i have a sportage on order from them i originally ordered a hyundai ix35 in aug last year but they told me in december that they were getting loads of hassle and no delivery dates from hyundai so they cancelled the order i then ordered a sportage 18th dec with a provisional date of march/april but that date has slipped until late may still have my doubts but keeping my fingers crossed they get the car to me soon.



obviousley there was no car! from hyundai at the price they wanted to pay. and i would expect the same will be true of the Sportage we have had some knowledge of these companys they get large company car buyers to order extra cars direct from manafactures then buy them off the company and resell them on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I looked in to this before ordering my new Sportage from a dealer... perhaps it would be different if the savings verybig online as can be on some models... but most I saw on a Sportage was just over a £2k saving, I got just under a £1k discount from the dealer anyway... for the sake of saving£1000 coupled with the concerns I had over not being the registered keeper for the first 6 months, being uncomfortable with the 'virtual' dealer aspect, the resale effect as already mentioned because you'll be the second owner not the first plus the whole issue revolving comeback if something went wrong with vehicle... just didn't make sense to me purely from a peace of mind point of view.
Clearly online buying is the future, once Tesco get involved you know its becoming mainstream... am sure it will become just like it generally is with electrical goods now... you go and view them in the shop (i.e. dealership) and then surf the web for the best deal out there...As a forty something I still prefer the face-to-face aspect that a dealership gives you... as long as I'm happy with the deal I'm getting that is!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Sites like these make our jobs at dealerships very difficult as customers genuinely believe these discounts are possible if you would like a fair price and great service dealers like hummingbird and Viking our the people to deal with. I can't talk for Viking but am positive that they will offer you a great deal along with great service. If I or any of team help give you a great KIA experience please feel free to contact me directly. 0208 346 0101
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Sites like these make our jobs at dealerships very difficult as customers genuinely believe these discounts are possible if you would like a fair price and great service dealers like hummingbird and Viking our the people to deal with. I can't talk for Viking but am positive that they will offer you a great deal along with great service. If I or any of team help give you a great KIA experience please feel free to contact me directly. 0208 346 0101
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Forces cars direct are good. I ordered my 2.0d KX3 Sat Nav at £21,500 (Arctic white). First owner etc. The only down side is thatI got stung with the full 7 month wait...but for the saving I can live with that.


I'd recommend them to anyone who is in the Forces or Police.



Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
bought my car from buy a car online 5/12 month wait just the usual got it transporter delivered brilliant would recomend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Bought mine from New Car Discount at a geat price. Had to wait since Jan 2011 and received it 3 weeks ag. Worth the wait. Intersting what is said about the V5 and waiting for it. Guess if you get a speeding ticket they get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Under legislation introduced in 2000 by the Office of Fair Trading it is illegal for a garage or broker etc. to retain the V5 when they sell a car. Got the details somewhere from when i looked at buying this way some years ago but basically there are many pitfalls if you have a car and are not the registered keeper. Apart from the legal aspect if the company goes into liquidation before you get the documents you could have a battle on your hands keeping the car despite having paid for it, you could become just another creditor hoping to get some small percentage of your moneyback.
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
The V5alone does not prove legal ownership. The fact you are in possession of the vehicle and can prove you paid a fair price for the vehicle, that'd be enough to bat off any interpleader.The DVLA canissue a new V5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Agreed that the V5 does not prove legal ownership (only thatthepersonnamed on it is the registered keeper)and also agree that the DVLA will issue a new V5 in certain circumstances but the simplefact remains that if you buy from an Internet Broker and he goes bust without paying for the car the dealer who he bought the car from will want the car back and I suspect the dealer will win. Whatever happens you will probably end up with a legal case to argue with possible legal expenses incurred trying to keep "your" new car if it goes wrong. It isonly he same as innocently buying a stolen car and when the truth is discoveredhaving itrepossessed by the owner (or insurance company who paid out on it). The seller in both cases had not paid for the car thus the legal owner quite rightly wants it back.
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
suttonseven said:
Agreed that the V5 does not prove legal ownership (only thatthepersonnamed on it is the registered keeper)and also agree that the DVLA will issue a new V5 in certain circumstances but the simplefact remains that if you buy from an Internet Broker and he goes bust without paying for the car the dealer who he bought the car from will want the car back and I suspect the dealer will win. Whatever happens you will probably end up with a legal case to argue with possible legal expenses incurred trying to keep "your" new car if it goes wrong. It isonly he same as innocently buying a stolen car and when the truth is discoveredhaving itrepossessed by the owner (or insurance company who paid out on it). The seller in both cases had not paid for the car thus the legal owner quite rightly wants it back.
Paul

buy on finance and it doesn't matter who the registered keeper is the car ultimately belongs to the finance company until the finance is paid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
True, there would be a battle and no end of mither; however the company would usually have had to have paid the dealer for the car in full (at a heavily discounted price) or a considerable chunk of it. You would get to keep your car initially if an interpleader was served following the administration/liquidation of the company, and they pursued a claim on the vehicle or part of it's value.

Ultimately I think we agree any deal where you are not the registered keeper or the company wants to keep the V5 etc...then move on

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
Not saying don't buy from a broker, there are good ones out there and I have almost bought cars from them on at least 2 occations. Only thing that has stopped me was the local dealer insisting on matching the brokers price. When I mentioned to the BMW dealer that I could get a better deal from a broker without any prompting he tapped away at the computer and came up with exactly the same price the broker was offering. When buying from a broker the rule is simple, never give them any money, pay thedealer when you collect your car and you know even if the broker goes bust the dealer has been paid.
With regards to not owning the car when you buy on finance that is not quite true. Buy on HP and the HP company legallyown the car even though you will have the V5 until the final payment is made, buy using a personal loan and you own the car outright from day one.

Paul
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top