Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have decided to write about my experience with the Kia ceed GT Line s after a month of driving.

I am delighted! Absolutely delighted. I cannot believe the number of features this car has! Even just yesterday I discovered that if you leave your windows open and have already locked car and stepped away from it, with the keyless entry key you can press and hold the lock button and it will wind up the window and close it!

I wanted to first share my experience with the dealership at KIA wlmg Eastcote! They were honestly amazing! From signing the papers and providing a really good deal to fit our budget to delivery/pick up of the car was incredible. It took just about a month to receive the car. In the mean time I was kept posted on its location and updated times of arrival. On the day of arrival I was sent videos of the car coming off the concierge, entering the dealership and being sent off for its first sercice/checkpoint. The next day it arrived back to the dealership and I was sent another video to show this!

My wife and my two kids went to pick it up the day after (arrived on Thursday, serviced on Friday, washed on Saturday morning, pick up on Saturday afternoon) and the service was from the dealer was spot on. They even wrapped the car up in a black cloth for unveiling and had it decorated with balloons! My 2 year old was so excited, more for the balloons than the car, hehe. The handover and paper signing didn't take long at all. I had part-exchanged my beloved hyundai i10. It was sad to see it go (a car that I used as my proposal and wedding car) as we had shared 7 years of wonderful memories. Now a new journey must take place with my blue flame (yes I called it that). Driving it home was nerve wrecking as I only ever drove an automatic once. In the end it was a doddle!

And there it laid on my driveway and I couldn't believe I bought a brand new car for the first time. Looking for a car during lockdown was difficult but in the end it was worthwhile. Just love the look of it!!! The blue, black, chrome combo is really well done!

Driving in the GT Line S feels so good! The DCT has taken some hit with customers calling it slow. In my humble opinion I found it appropriate to the style of driving urbanised areas. It responds rather well and it is no slouch when it comes to acceleration. It can do 0-60 in 8.6sec but I'm sure I can get it to go faster with the paddle shifts. You can feel the pick-up as you drive through the gears. The car handles really well, it has 18" alloys so they may not be as forgiving as 16" but you would hardly tell the difference (having watched on YouTube) plus it looks nicer in the bigger alloys. I hardly feel a thing going over bumps. Being the flagship model it has literally everything! Some of my fav features are:

Panoramic sunroof. My two year loves it!
Heated front and rear seats. Lovely for the winter.
Heated steering wheel. Again brilliant for winter!
LED cabin/ambient lights all around including rear passenger. Just nice when taking your 8 month old out from their car seat base.
The sound system JBL! (I had to dial down the bass as its so good but so loud). Very crisp clear sound.
That massive touch screen! Very intuitive easy to navigate through the menus. If you're tech savvy this won't be a problem
The digital cockpit. Gorgeous graphics and very well laid out.
The steering wheel with controls. Very useful when driving without having to take your eyes off the road.
The actual construct feels solid. The middle console doesn't budge, the dials are solid with little give. Lots of soft plastics!
That wireless charger - works flawlessly even with a case on my mobile.
The Bluetooth connection. Within 2 seconds of activating the Bluetooth on my phone it connects immediately.
Very good rear passenger space.
Plenty of boot space 395 litres.
The sports mode really does make a difference. The response on the pedal is quicker and the acceleration just breezes through the speeds!

My only issue and it's tiny is that when pressing the up volume of the steering control it sometimes reduces the volume or begins calling... So will ensure that I get that checked out when it goes off for servicing. But its not a big deal.

In terms of mpg, had filled the tank up and still have a quarter of a tank left having had it running for a whole month now. Have clocked 200 miles on it so far. So am guessing around 2k miles per year.

Am awaiting for the service plan offers to kick in so I can get a service deal of 3-5 years depending.

I hope this isn't too much, or in any way showing off. I'm honestly excited and very very happy I went with KIA. It's not a brand many might go for when choosing between BMW Audi Mercedes and Ford but in my humble opinion it holds its weight against them and then some! I hope anyone reading this will help them to make the right decisions and I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have on the KIA Ceed.

Also thank you for all who helped me with their responses, it made a great difference.

Cheers ladies and gents!(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
789 Posts
Wow! Sounds like someone is a little bit in love!

Really glad you are happy, I think you've made a very sound choice. Keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
HI.
I've split this off from your other thread as is best placed in Ceed section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So have decided to write about my experience with the Kia ceed GT Line s after a month of driving.

I am delighted! Absolutely delighted. I cannot believe the number of features this car has! Even just yesterday I discovered that if you leave your windows open and have already locked car and stepped away from it, with the keyless entry key you can press and hold the lock button and it will wind up the window and close it!

I wanted to first share my experience with the dealership at KIA wlmg Eastcote! They were honestly amazing! From signing the papers and providing a really good deal to fit our budget to delivery/pick up of the car was incredible. It took just about a month to receive the car. In the mean time I was kept posted on its location and updated times of arrival. On the day of arrival I was sent videos of the car coming off the concierge, entering the dealership and being sent off for its first sercice/checkpoint. The next day it arrived back to the dealership and I was sent another video to show this!

My wife and my two kids went to pick it up the day after (arrived on Thursday, serviced on Friday, washed on Saturday morning, pick up on Saturday afternoon) and the service was from the dealer was spot on. They even wrapped the car up in a black cloth for unveiling and had it decorated with balloons! My 2 year old was so excited, more for the balloons than the car, hehe. The handover and paper signing didn't take long at all. I had part-exchanged my beloved hyundai i10. It was sad to see it go (a car that I used as my proposal and wedding car) as we had shared 7 years of wonderful memories. Now a new journey must take place with my blue flame (yes I called it that). Driving it home was nerve wrecking as I only ever drove an automatic once. In the end it was a doddle!

And there it laid on my driveway and I couldn't believe I bought a brand new car for the first time. Looking for a car during lockdown was difficult but in the end it was worthwhile. Just love the look of it!!! The blue, black, chrome combo is really well done!

Driving in the GT Line S feels so good! The DCT has taken some hit with customers calling it slow. In my humble opinion I found it appropriate to the style of driving urbanised areas. It responds rather well and it is no slouch when it comes to acceleration. It can do 0-60 in 8.6sec but I'm sure I can get it to go faster with the paddle shifts. You can feel the pick-up as you drive through the gears. The car handles really well, it has 18" alloys so they may not be as forgiving as 16" but you would hardly tell the difference (having watched on YouTube) plus it looks nicer in the bigger alloys. I hardly feel a thing going over bumps. Being the flagship model it has literally everything! Some of my fav features are:

Panoramic sunroof. My two year loves it!
Heated front and rear seats. Lovely for the winter.
Heated steering wheel. Again brilliant for winter!
LED cabin/ambient lights all around including rear passenger. Just nice when taking your 8 month old out from their car seat base.
The sound system JBL! (I had to dial down the bass as its so good but so loud). Very crisp clear sound.
That massive touch screen! Very intuitive easy to navigate through the menus. If you're tech savvy this won't be a problem
The digital cockpit. Gorgeous graphics and very well laid out.
The steering wheel with controls. Very useful when driving without having to take your eyes off the road.
The actual construct feels solid. The middle console doesn't budge, the dials are solid with little give. Lots of soft plastics!
That wireless charger - works flawlessly even with a case on my mobile.
The Bluetooth connection. Within 2 seconds of activating the Bluetooth on my phone it connects immediately.
Very good rear passenger space.
Plenty of boot space 395 litres.
The sports mode really does make a difference. The response on the pedal is quicker and the acceleration just breezes through the speeds!

My only issue and it's tiny is that when pressing the up volume of the steering control it sometimes reduces the volume or begins calling... So will ensure that I get that checked out when it goes off for servicing. But its not a big deal.

In terms of mpg, had filled the tank up and still have a quarter of a tank left having had it running for a whole month now. Have clocked 200 miles on it so far. So am guessing around 2k miles per year.

Am awaiting for the service plan offers to kick in so I can get a service deal of 3-5 years depending.

I hope this isn't too much, or in any way showing off. I'm honestly excited and very very happy I went with KIA. It's not a brand many might go for when choosing between BMW Audi Mercedes and Ford but in my humble opinion it holds its weight against them and then some! I hope anyone reading this will help them to make the right decisions and I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have on the KIA Ceed.

Also thank you for all who helped me with their responses, it made a great difference.

Cheers ladies and gents!(y)(y)(y)(y)
Hi
Could you tell me how to get the ambient lighting to work please

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi James, there is no ambient lighting in the kia ceed GT line s. What it does, however, have is the footlight for the driver side only. You will need to go through thr settings menu to find this. If you need help I can post a step by step guide for this.

Also, I installed my own ambient lighting by buying a set of 4x12 LED lights with remote control and it looks lovely. Works a treat and the lights change according to the beat of the music or speech. That cost me 7quid and took me less than 45 mins to set up.

Hope this helps James!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi James, there is no ambient lighting in the kia ceed GT line s. What it does, however, have is the footlight for the driver side only. You will need to go through thr settings menu to find this. If you need help I can post a step by step guide for this.
Also, I installed my own ambient lighting by buying a set of 4x12 LED lights with remote control and it looks lovely. Works a treat and the lights change according to the beat of the music or speech. That cost me 7quid and took me less than 45 mins to set up.
Hope this helps James!
Hi deghohun
Thankyou for the info
I will look to do the same

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi solar. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I wanted to take some photos of the ambient lighting. I have used the
Gear shift Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive design
cigarette port to connect this. You can easily hide the wires but for one of them I ran it across the console near the foot pedals. These are 12 LEDs per strip and there are 4. You can buy it off aliexpress here is the link. 11.02US $ 37% OFF|Led Car Foot Ambient Light With USB Cigarette Lighter Backlight Music Control App RGB Auto Interior Decorative Atmosphere Lights|Decorative Lamp| - AliExpress
I'm sure there is a YouTube video installation as well. Definitely has transformed the car! Any more help let me know solar!

Automotive lighting Purple Automotive design Vehicle door Vehicle

Automotive lighting Blue Automotive design Gadget Communication Device

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Blue Automotive design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts