Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yes you are right about the stamping of the service book. Its official 3 year service will have to be squeezed in alongside.
Hopefully will never need to test the warranty. The more enlightened know they actually aren't doing any favours. But people think "Oooh it comes fully serviced"
Good to see Hyundai delivered.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As I have stated previously, i've had no issues with a warranty claim at Kia, having previously had CarStore service at my local dealers, which i mentioned prior to taking it in, so no issues from Wessex Gloucester. I too was also initially looking for an Autobox for my wife, and did notice they were a few grand more than the manual transmission, so we had to settle for the latter. A quick look thought their website has brought up a few around the price you have quoted, so can definately say at least £5K has been added to the price since last November.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a Ceed from Cazoo. 1. If the car is not serviced by a Kia dealer, ask for invoice which should also show oil and oil filters part numbers - they should be as recommended by Kia. 2. Cazoo and Cinch services are not adequate, so get the vehicle serviced by the dealer, and ask them to stamp next to the service column in the service book where Cinch has stamped. In my case, they had stamped second service. I asked the dealer to fill in details and stamp between 1st and 2nd service columns, thus effectively making another column.

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
319 Posts
Never understand why people buy car from these site's.
Why? They brought mine to the door. I drove it. Decided I wanted it. It had an issue and needed £2000 of work, they picked it up, got it sorted in a week. Gave me a car to use in the mean time. Cars been perfect ever since. Easiest purchase of a car I've ever made. And I've had a few and had a few terrible dealership experiences. Plus it was during lockdown and alot of places weren't open to go look round. I'm sure a few people have bad experiences but I didn't.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
6,868 Posts
Never understand why people buy car from these site's.
How many dealers give you a 14 day test drive? OK it is mileage limited.

If the price is right, and the deal suits you then it is just the same as buying from a dealer. Remember most marques do not have a 7 year warranty. So by the time they hit these sites they are out of manufacture warranty. (y)

Reactions: Yan101

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
319 Posts
[
Why was it offered needing £2000 worth of work. Would have rejected straight away.
Syncro on 4th was crunching. I considered sending it back. But I only paid £8000 for it and couldn't get the same spec and same year with same mileage anywhere near that. So i gave them a chance to sort it. Got the gearbox sorted, all gears got new syncros, new clutch and flywheel from kia at £1400. I now have a car for £8k with a new clutch and flywheel. So I think I've done ok out of it. The rest of the car is immaculate barring a couple of stone chips.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A rollercoaster of a read for someone who has just ordered from Cinch....

Just to add my thoughts on the Service (I am dubious too) in that mine is a 17 plate so I figure as it had a Service in August 20 then I imagine the owner did the previous two? It only has 21k on the clock.

Cinch are going to do their own "Service" before they deliver it; I may well take it to Kia and get my own down as I believe they are reasonably priced.

Why did I chose Cinch? 14 day money back guarantee, they gave me £4,050 for a car I paid £5,000 for almost 3.5 years ago. No tyre kicking by We Buy Any Car etc.

They accept Amex so thats a massive chunk of Avios.

I also feel less of a need to poke around under modern/newer cars as I know less and less about them as they become more and more tech based.

Oh and I don't enjoy spending time at dealerships I can't be bothered with the theatre of it all and everything takes an eternity.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Car arrived at 3:30 today.

The car has three previous services all from non Kia garages so the Cinch “service” probably doesn’t matter.

I’ve got practice parking it now and look into those front sensors to assist my girlfriends confidence with it
Time to change your name now can't V*###*landl has a name on here🤣

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
500 Posts
There's a reason cars end up at car supermarkets & places like Cinch. It's because these are cars dealers don't want.
So usually have dubious service history (hence potential warranty issues), have known faults, have been in accident, or are previously customer reject cars - usually having issues that couldn't be solved.

·
Registered
667 Posts
There's a reason cars end up at car supermarkets & places like Cinch. It's because these are cars dealers don't want.
So usually have dubious service history (hence potential warranty issues), have known faults, have been in accident, or are previously customer reject cars - usually having issues that couldn't be solved.
Not true. A lot of Motorpoint cars ex-car hire cars. The big hire companies buy so many cars and not all are used which are brought up by Motorpoint. So there should be quite a few low milage cars in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well thanks for all input. I have decided to change marque, as the price of the trim level I was after was not what I wanted to pay.
For Information Cinch is owned by BCR (British Car Auctions), as Is We buy any car (all one big happy family).
It seems that they are probably ex-fleet / company cars in the main.
The car will turn up Wednesday so let's see how that goes. I figured with the no quibble money back, if it is no good I will also find out how that works as well.
I have no doubt I will miss the ole Sportage, and the functionality it gave, so watch this space. I could well pop back up at some point.
Cinch traded in £1000 more than dealers were prepared to offer, so that kinda swung it.

All the best

·
Registered
Sportgage 1.6 t-gdi AWD DCT GT line
347 Posts
Not true. A lot of Motorpoint cars ex-car hire cars. The big hire companies buy so many cars and not all are used which are brought up by Motorpoint. So there should be quite a few low milage cars in the next couple of years.
True, I've bought a few cars from Motorpoint, and all have been excellent.

The last car I got from them was a Cee'd, ex lease and only 4 months old.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive just been on the phone to Cinch with regard to the "sticky steering" issue I have with my new delivery.

The gentlemen on the telephone was a technical person and immediately knew exactly what the problem was and that it was a warranty fix. Their warranty company will be in touch in the next 24/48 hours to arrange the fix.

I asked if there could be a replacement car that I can use this weekend for my 9hr round trip as we were sure that there wouldn't be an appointment to fix mine before the weekend; he is going to make enquiries. Not overly hopeful they can get one but at least he is enquiring and was happy to do so.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
6,868 Posts
Ive just been on the phone to Cinch with regard to the "sticky steering" issue I have with my new delivery.

The gentlemen on the telephone was a technical person and immediately knew exactly what the problem was and that it was a warranty fix. Their warranty company will be in touch in the next 24/48 hours to arrange the fix.

I asked if there could be a replacement car that I can use this weekend for my 9hr round trip as we were sure that there wouldn't be an appointment to fix mine before the weekend; he is going to make enquiries. Not overly hopeful they can get one but at least he is enquiring and was happy to do so.
So they are not using KIA warranty then?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Whilst there has been some communication lag due to there being me, Cinch, RAMP and Enterprise Cars involved I am sorted out for my weekend 9hr round trip. enterprise are delivering a "Large SUV" to me tomorrow to use until Tuesday.

Not something they normally do, its normally an Astra or equivalent but when I explained my height they made an exception; which is great.

They are stepping up to the late so far; we are just trying to get a slot at Kia to do the work now; Enfield said 16th September "due to Covid" so we are trying others now.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts