Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of as the title says.
Cinch are saying that all cars are serviced by themselves prior to purchase.
Assuming that all other services have been completed correctly, how would this affect the remaining warranty? (2016 with 67K miles)
Has anyone purchased from Cinch and consequently gone on to successfuly claim on warranty with a Cinch service stamp?
Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Regards

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Assuming that all other services have been completed correctly, how would this affect the remaining warranty? (2016 with 67K miles) Any thoughts are much appreciated.
I would not foresee any problem with warranty claims for non-serviceable components but KIA might be more than a little sniffy about meeting a claim for major engine or gearbox work and would actively seek to avoid their obligations without sight of a properly detailed invoice listing oils, fluids, filters and any other such parts, for every service performed outside their dealer network.

That seems pretty reasonable really, when all's said and done. Only a handful of carmakers elect to warrant their products for 7 years/100,000 miles on most components; indeed, most still adhere to 3 years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recently purchased a late 2016 model from my local CarStore just before lockdown 2, who had done the most recent service themselves. there was a knocking at the rear which they were going to look at at first opportunity, but i tried my local main dealer to see if it was covered by warranty, which surprisingly it was, and the n/s/r suspension was replaced under warranty. I've just had this years service and MOT completed by the main dealer with no issues.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks for the replies. I have had an online chat with someone at Cinch, they couldn't answer any questions simple or not, regarding past servicing, only that they had carried out the most recent (having done what? with what parts?). For a slightly overpriced £16.5K car I think that is a punt too far.

Cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you don't have the details of what Cinch serviced and what parts they used then the warranty on the engine is questionable - some items will be covered, some won't.

If its a non-serviceable item then it'll be covered regardless.

£16.5k for a 5 year old car with 67k on it seems excessive to me.

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you don't have the details of what Cinch serviced and what parts they used then the warranty on the engine is questionable - some items will be covered, some won't.

If its a non-serviceable item then it'll be covered regardless.

£16.5k for a 5 year old car with 67k on it seems excessive to me.
I was thinking the same. I payed £16,000 in February for a 67 plate only 25,000 from local Kia dealer with full service history. They had even replaced 2 tyres updated maps and replace a faulty parking sensor. Does sound rather a lot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was thinking the same. I payed £16,000 in February for a 67 plate only 25,000 from local Kia dealer with full service history. They had even replaced 2 tyres updated maps and replace a faulty parking sensor. Does sound rather a lot.
Prices have gone up a lot over the summer on second-hand cars so you might find yourself in the situation that your car is worth more :)

Edit - actually I think you might get a much better PX on that from the dealer if the car you're buying is part-electric. Kia/Hyundai need to get the average emissions/new sale (or whatever) down a lot - fast - and the only way is batteries.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes agree secondhand car prices have increased significantly of late (having just got a Corsa), particularly when you add in the mix non-dct type gearboxes, That really leaves the tail end of KX4/5 2016 reg ish vehicles, a newer version of what I already have.

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
319 Posts
Kind of as the title says.
Cinch are saying that all cars are serviced by themselves prior to purchase.
Assuming that all other services have been completed correctly, how would this affect the remaining warranty? (2016 with 67K miles)
Has anyone purchased from Cinch and consequently gone on to successfuly claim on warranty with a Cinch service stamp?
Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Regards
Did cinch stamp the book?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, don't know didn't get that far. Just kinda gave up. Below are a couple of Cinch quotes via chat....

"I am pleased to say all of our cars come with 2 keys. As for the service history of the vehicle, as it is a used vehicle, we cannot guarantee the service history, so we perform our own service on all of our used vehicles to give peace of mind to our customers"

"We would be unable to confirm whether this vehicle has received a service from a Kia dealership or using Kia-approved parts. We can only advertise our vehicles with the last service. Therefore a purchase should only be made with this information."

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
2,438 Posts
Hi, don't know didn't get that far. Just kinda gave up. Below are a couple of Cinch quotes via chat....

"I am pleased to say all of our cars come with 2 keys. As for the service history of the vehicle, as it is a used vehicle, we cannot guarantee the service history, so we perform our own service on all of our used vehicles to give peace of mind to our customers"

"We would be unable to confirm whether this vehicle has received a service from a Kia dealership or using Kia-approved parts. We can only advertise our vehicles with the last service. Therefore a purchase should only be made with this information."
Those comments from Cinch are not at all convincing, I think I would be looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Well that don't give much confidence. I'd walk away if it's got no service history.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Any thoughts
The fact that you are seeking opinion from forum members suggests that you are trying to gain a general consensus in weighing up the pros and cons in this instance. Clearly, there remains some doubt in your mind about this prospective purchase so, given the old adage, 'Buy in haste; repent at leisure!', my inclination would be to follow the advice in posts #12 and #13 and give it the elbow. I'm sure you will see better deals.

·
Super Moderator
Niro 2020 HEV 4
6,941 Posts

I guess that is because the person you are talking too, is most likely sat at home working and the car is sat with all the documents at one of their many locations.
Unlike a normal dealer who will be able to get of their backside & find the service book and check.

I guess you could take a punt & then use the 14 day return if it does not have the service doc's

Looks like it's gone as nothing matching that spec showing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I had already sacked that off anyhow, due to the nonsense replies.
Just wondered whether anyone has had experience with these car supermarket type things and subsequent warranty claims.
In all honesty for £9k on top of my existing car I don't really see much of a gain, other than a newer year obviously, and at least some warranty remaining. My 2013 KX4 ran like a dream trundling down and around Dorset last week.
KX4/5 cars with the old style auto box and pan roof are not easy to find, this combined with the requisite warranty conditions that need to be met. Also as stated above prices seem to be on the rise for some reason. When I purchased the recent Corsa they wouldn't budge on price as they knew full well that it would sell.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I had already sacked that off anyhow, due to the nonsense replies.
Just wondered whether anyone has had experience with these car supermarket type things and subsequent warranty claims.
In all honesty for £9k on top of my existing car I don't really see much of a gain, other than a newer year obviously, and at least some warranty remaining. My 2013 KX4 ran like a dream trundling down and around Dorset last week.
KX4/5 cars with the old style auto box and pan roof are not easy to find, this combined with the requisite warranty conditions that need to be met. Also as stated above prices seem to be on the rise for some reason. When I purchased the recent Corsa they wouldn't budge on price as they knew full well that it would sell.
I got mine from carzam which is an online car supermarket. I only asked if they stamped the book as mine came with a "service" done by csrzam but they didn't stamp the book. I took it for a service as soon as I got it to get the proper stamp and peice of mind.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My daughter bought a 68 plate Picanto via Cinch about a month ago, first registered Sept 18. The service history on their website looked good but on delivery and the opportunity to inspect the Service Record the first service was 3 months and 3000 miles late, the second on time and Cinch have stamped up the Service Book 3 months early with no documentation as to sourcing of parts or what the 'service' entailed. The engine oil does look very fresh. They have also MOT'd it 3 months before the first one was due.
My opinion the Cinch service is worth diddly in the event of a warranty claim, particularly in the engine department.
She will have the proper Kia service in Sept.
In all other respects the car is in excellent condition and having whisked away her PX she has kept it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My daughter bought a 68 plate Picanto via Cinch about a month ago, first registered Sept 18. The service history on their website looked good but on delivery and the opportunity to inspect the Service Record the first service was 3 months and 3000 miles late, the second on time and Cinch have stamped up the Service Book 3 months early with no documentation as to sourcing of parts or what the 'service' entailed. The engine oil does look very fresh. They have also MOT'd it 3 months before the first one was due.
My opinion the Cinch service is worth diddly in the event of a warranty claim, particularly in the engine department.
She will have the proper Kia service in Sept.
In all other respects the car is in excellent condition and having whisked away her PX she has kept it.
My cousin had some warranty work done on a hyundai with his service being 5 months late on his last service, albeit he had done very few miles past when it was due. Hyundai never questioned it, and it was an engine related warranty claim.

It's a shame cinch stamped the book really. Whether it's being shady or whatever. But kia or any other dealer wouldnt know about those "services" unless a tech noticed some off brand filters or something. Hopefully it'll never need to go in for work doing, and never have the headache that might ensue. I find it mind boggling that kia don't keep a central database of service records.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts