Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Not actually an owner (yet) but looking. Considering a 2018 Sportage 1.7 CRDI ISG 2.
Any buying advice would be welcome .... what to look for, what to avoid etc. Is there any restrictions on the warranty that I need to check to ensure it is valid and can be transferred.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Look very carefully at the service booklet. Has each service been performed on time or at the correct mileage, and were those services performed by a KIA dealer? If not a KIA dealer then you will also need the detailed invoices from the non KIA services which must be VAT registered and list by part number all the parts and fluids used.

Warranty could be tricky otherwise

Not sure on this model but check that the Satnav actually navigates - some have an SD card which is often missing and is expensive to replace.

Also check in the service booklet that the bodywork inspections have been performed and stamped.

Does it have TWO keyfobs and do they both work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turnup, thanks appreciate the information. Are Kia very pedantic when claiming on warranty?

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Sometimes they are and I can understand that when offering a 7 year warranty they would expect the vehicle to be maintained properly according to their schedules. They would need to show at least within reason that a missed or improper service caused or contributed to the failure but I would not take the risk.

There is evidence on here that some lease companies skimp or omit servixces, or get them done on the cheap and motability vehicles seem to be among the worst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts