Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Thanks for having me.

I've looked through previous posts - but wanted to ask a few questions.

I'm going to view a 2013 Proceed GT petrol with around 25k on it this weekend.

The car has a stage one map and looks to be very well looked after.

Apart from the obvious - with any car - is there anything in particular I should look out for?

We've had a 2008 1.6 petrol Ceed for years now with no problems. So, I've got some experience with Kia.

Any advice would be much appreciated 馃憤馃徎

TIA

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
Hi, welcome to the forum!

If you've looked through previous posts you'll see that pretty much the issues surround poor idling, poor boosting and well, not much else. My Proceed is on its third sensor for keyless entry to the hatch (won't be a problem if its not a GT Tech version), and this a fairly common failing. My 12v battery died which - from what I've read - may have been one of a batch of duff OEM units, so worth checking the manufactured date.

25k is low mileage for a 2013 car, so worth doing a full MOT history check to verify this is true. The mapping has been admitted to which is good, but it would still ring a cautionary bell for me. That said, nothing I have read suggest that the oily bits of the G4FJ engine are robust and can't take a bit more boost than standard.

Aside from these, like you say, check the obvious. And if you are buying privately, gauge the car by the owner.

Good luck, may be see you on here again soon, with a GT!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - looks like this one is out! Seller has informed me it's got a crank sensor issue and requires more work. Was a nice one, too. Checked history previously - all married up.

Suppose I'll keep looking 馃憤馃徎 馃槈

Registered
Oh dear, disappointing, but possible a good swerve!

I'd say if your budget lets you, get one unmolested and still in warranty. Not easy I know, there being only 19 listed on Autotrader as of tonight.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, better off knowing before entering into any process of purchase.

I know what you mean - far and few between at present. Obviously trying to look for the best option possible. Max spend is around 10k. Preferably a little less.

Registered
You should get a nice example for that much; you might even get a face-lifted version.

Buying a used car is such a lottery, especially with a warm hatch like the Proceed. It's one thing to modify a car yourself, and quite another to trust a car modified (and driven!) by someone else. I have only about three months of warranty left on mine, so once that is up I might consider a tuning box just to keep the appeal fresh. That way I will also not be tempted to go the PCP route and spend far too much money on an i20N!

Slip me 拢7k, and you can have mine... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts