Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I am on the verge of buying a 2001 Sedona 2.9td manaul.I amjust wonderingif any of you can help me with a few questions.

I was sppeaking to my mechyy and he was telling me that they give trouble with injectors and very fussy with the diesel that they use.Any kinda dirt in the system and it can all go pear shaped.He did point out though that he worked on only 1 or 2 of them.Is this a common known problem??

I had a quick look at a 2004 and although it was a nice car with work done (cvs,belts,water pump) he was asking way too much for it.‚¬13,500.Thanks but no thanks.

The 2001 I will look at in the next week or so.What if any tell tale signs should I look for on it.

Any guidance very much appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi .

i own a 2003 sedona 2.9td lx. i have had no trouble with mine . i had the cambelt done on it was a big job before i bought it seen loads and the handbrakes on all of them seem to be rubbish , but since then i have had a lot of advice on this matter and i know now how to solve this . like a lot of cars anything can go wrong . had no problems with fuel used all the different fourcourts and had no problems

leighton

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just another question.
With the seat layout......

Front Pass Driver

Pass Pass

Pass PassPass

ie 2-2-3

is there anyway to make this into a 2-3-2 set up

Front Pass Driver

Pass Pass Pass

Pass Pass

or are they unmovable?

Thanks again

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi again

the seats all lift out but you cant do what you want to do . i had 4 galaxys before this and the seat set up was better in them for me , but i went for a sedona this time because they are cheaper to buy

hope this helps

leighton

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah am driving an alhambra at the mo and had a galaxy before that and certainly the saet set up was more practical.Like you price is now a major factor in buying.Are the cheap enough to buy in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi

i have a very nice lx td with 79k full history one owner , i paid £4k for my , in the trade as my brother in law owns is own garage. they are all prices on ebay , have a look on there and you might find one closs to you. make sure you get history and find out about cambelt . if you need that done ,dont be told the engine as to come out because it dont , it is a big job but a good mechanic can do it , not just main dealers

any more info needed just ask

regards

leighton

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,
just after some advice, i have just bought a secondhand 1999 sedona, whilst driving it home though heard a bang and then smoke everywhere!! i had to get the car recovered, th pick up man suspected the turbo charger had blown, i have had a few mechanics look at it whom have all mentioned different things, but all gonna cost loads! one said i need new enginge any ideas on what this could be??

thanks

Sam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In general a bang and smoke usually means a belt has gone.BUT without looking into it its only a guess.But it a bit worrying that different mechanics are saying different things.Did they have an in depth look at it?
If you have just bought it FROM A GARAGE bring it back and demand your money back.
Edited by: Blue and Navy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts