Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Any advice on buying a used 2007 1.4 Petrol manual transmission, anything to watch out for, there is two years left on the warranty, how do I ensure the warranty is still valid, any tips appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup they do, I thought id need some documentation but it seems the warranty just follows the car. Any other tips for examining the car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If its been standing arund for a while the brakes may well be rubbish, make sure you give it a good run, check for steering wobble (wheel balance) and pulling left/right (tracking when driving/ calipers when braking), smooth quiet gearchanges. Make sure all the interior stuff works, especially the aircon. Check the service history. Check the handbrake.

Under the bonnet it takes 20 seconds to look at the airfilter, see how dirty it is, if its dirty you can bet that the pollen filter will be aswell.

Check for even tyre wear and wheel/alloy damage (kerbing).

Also listen for supension knocks over bumpy surfaces when travelling at walking pace (anti-rollbar joints, steering joints)

Edited by: UncleZen

·
Registered
525 Posts
is the warranty not limited to 100k?

·
Registered
525 Posts
thunderbird said:
big_boz said:
is the warranty not limited to 100k?

Unlimited for the first 3 years thereafter limited to 100,000 miles.Basicallythis means if you do 100,001 miles in the first 3 years the warranty has ended.

So you could do 200,000 miles and still be under warranty so long as the car is under 3 years old, but then on day 1096 there is no longer any coverage......I wonder in mincab drivers are aware of this, and if the warranty cover private hire vehicals.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
big_boz said:
So you could do 200,000 miles and still be under warranty so long as the car is under 3 years old, but then on day 1096 there is no longer any coverage......I wonder in mincab drivers are aware of this, and if the warranty cover private hire vehicals.....

The warranty for private hire vehicles is still 7 years, but stops at 100,000 miles, even if the car is under three years old.

·
Registered
536 Posts
And don't even think of bringing up the vauxhall "lifetime" warranty....read the small print and you'll realise that keeping the warranty upto date with all the servicing will cost more that the car through its lifetime. But again....only 100k miles Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
163 Posts
Make sure the service schedule is up to date (yearly or 10,000 miles in this case) otherwise you may not have warranty coverage. Make sure it has been serviced at a Kia dealer, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts