Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Buy a new venga

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  2012vengaman 
#1 ·
Why are Kia dealers not selling any more venga,s ?

#3 ·
Production ended 2019, and would guess that it was pretty much on a order basis by then. Given Kia announced it's demise in 2017...
Much to the disgust of out Venga Boys :eek: :oops:

#5 ·
Its a great shame because there is noting else quite the same. Seat heigh above the ground means I can get in without climbing up or bending knees to sit sit down. Also sill height is ok Sportage sill is too high. If you have arthritis in the knees the Venga is ideal.

#7 ·
I can echo that. At almost 84 and over 6 feet tall (I used to be 6'3) I'm not flexible anymore, plus I'v a very narrow drive. I have to be within one inch of the house wall to be able to get out of the car without knocking down the neighbours wall. 7 years ago I searched every car on the market before finding the Venga. I'm on my second one, which is only just 4 years old and I usually swop cars every 3 years regardless of miles on the clock. This one now has only 18,000 so will have to last. My wife will not move house.

#10 ·
Yes I have to agree. This is a very comfortable car to drive, even on a long journey.
We have a 17 reg model 4 auto. We would not swop it. That's why I ask the original question. Had to change key fob batteries last week. Now ok.
Regards Fred
mines jan 2017 auto 4 and had to change my fob battery as well so now we knoiw its about the span of the battery not a fault.

#12 ·
As I've commented on other threads, I think the actual reason for killing off the Venga model was the perceived lack of interest in pure MPV models, they couldn't shoehorn an engine in that had the required emissions standards and it has the aerodynamics of a brick so isn't competitive with modern 50mpg plus tiny turbos.
AutoCar had a Kia person explain here:-
I can quite believe the engine being a problem as the engine bay is somewhat cramped in certain areas and also needs a specific engine tilt for it to fit properly due to its wheel at each corner design (which is also why the space in the cabin is bigger than you might think from the outside)
I dispute the folks don't want MPV's claim though. If you check the "how many left" site for proper MPV models, they are regular sellers over multiple years. The MPV market is very strong despite the current SUV trend.
It is a shame and unfortunately to get anything as practical as a Venga from other Marques you are looking at things like a Vauxhall Combo Life / Citroen Picasso type of body neither of which are as nice (in my opinion ) as a Venga.
We almost certainly will keep ours until it dies and by then maybe MPV's will be back in fashion and something will appear as a natural Venga replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.