Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you guys on the forum experienced this on their Rio or other Kias. The paint is lifting/bubbling from the rear bumper. I just noticed it today after washing it. Dont know if water has got between the paint and bumper and the frost has lifted it when it was that bad cold spell.
What do you think. Its a 2006 Rio diesel.
Take a butchers at this

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
543 Posts
You've hit nail on head Davy ! That's what's happend I have similar on my picanto :( I popped bubble with stanley blade and water came out . I then scraped away and found that there was no primer underneath so then scraped off to inspect further to find that not even been keyed up :(
What I did was buy new bumper because was only £40 and got sprayed £50 and fitted myself .

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think someone has hit the bumper and its flexed a bit and caused the paint to separate. Probably when its been a carpark or in street. I certainly dont remember reversing into anything.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Could possibly be :( see loads of people reverse and drive ! Into cars and don't even say anything . I think thats wrong at least put note on screen or somin . That's why I have a tow bar he he saved my car once already :) and would hate to loose my picanto ! Feels like it's part of my family lol ( which it is ) treat it to a little prezzie more than once a year new radio , tints etc

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I try to avoid car parks whenever possible and try to position the car so that no-one can park next to it. It's stupid I know, but where I live people will just open their car door straight into your side without a care in the world and there's nothing you can do about it.

Davy, I suppose your car is out of its bodywork warranty?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep out of warranty as the last Kia garage service was 2 years ago after that I did the servicing myself. I only do 4500miles a year in the car. 52,000miles in my van. 5,000miles on me bike.
Just done a fuel filter, oil filter and oil change yesterday. Cars only done 29,000 in total.
Just run in eh.
As for parking I have parked in a store carpark away out of the road of anyone else and when I come out there is some geezer parked next to me and there's loads of empty spaces elsewhere. Canny get ma heed roon that yin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts