Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked up this morning in Looe, got a paper and a pasty for lunch came back and the the drivers side wing mirror was smashed - WTF? I was gone 10 minutes and no cars parked either side of me. I only have one enemy and he is 170 miles away so it couldn't have been him. I ran out of swear words after 30 seconds and the car has done less than 700 miles - gutted. Phoned the dealer and he can only supply an unpainted replacement which I will have to get sprayed.

What can person do? Personally I fall into a vat of cider in these circumstances.

Timpernx.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know how you feel!!!

The guy collecting the trolleys in a supermarket carpark, ran them into the side of my first Vengawhen it was a week or so old. Needless to say he didn't own up. Cost me £150 to getboth nearside doorsre-sprayed.

Have a virtual cider on me.

Bob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Local dealer (Hawkins, St Stephen) quoted £187 for supply, paint and fit new wing mirror. Called Chips Away and they have quoted £156 to sort it so they are coming in a couple of weeks. I have used CA before when a wall reversed into the Rio. They did a superb job and you really could not tell there had ever been any damage. They came to me and the job was done in a morning. I was well impressed so they can sort the Venga. Any one else had any experience of Chips Away?
Timpernx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts