Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is breakdown cover included as part of the 7 year warranty?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi

Picked up my new Ceed SW last week and there is 1 year breakdown cover included in the warranty. To be fair this is a bit mean compared to evenBMW who offer 3 years as part of their 3 year warranty but for me it matters little since I have an Aviva Personal breakdown policy that covers me and the wifeas driver or passenger in any car. With 3 cars in the house its a bargain for around £70 for a policy that gives excellent cover.

Paul

·
Registered
94 Posts
Its not realistic to compare what you get for breakdown cover with a BMW to what you get with a KIA Cee'd.

The BMW probably costs at least twice as much for the same size car,so you should expect to get more of something like breakdown cover, it is after all only about £80 a year at the prices we would pay for a service with recovery to home, so probably about half that for the bulk BMW order.

That means three years would cost BMW about £120 maximumusing the same measure itwould add at least £280 to the price of a Cee'd for seven years.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Eric

Fair comment, BMW's are more than a Kia but not double. We have both on the drive now and I can honestly say that the panel fit and trim fit is every bit as good on theCeed SWas it is on the 1 series butsome of the materials used inside (carpet as an example) are definietely better on the BMW. Not complaining, I saw allthat before I bought it.

Dad had a 2003 Honda Jazz, nice cheap car that came with 3 years AA cover. I bought a SPAM in 1996 and providing it was serviced by a VW dealer it had 5 years breakdown. Haveto say that Honda and VW both only provide 1 year now.

The 7 year warranty is excellent but only 1 years breakdown is simply average. Using your figures it would cost Kia only £80 to add another couple of years and have another industry best to boast about.

Paul

Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my Ceed SW in Belgium and as part of the package I get 7 years breakdown cover for the whole of Europe! So when I drive over to the UK and I break down, I can get my car towed back to my own garage in Antwerp and get a hire car free of charge for the reminder of my time in UK. So i am pretty pleased to be honest with the package they offer!

·
Registered
94 Posts
suttonseven Just out of interest I went to the BMW site and you are correct they are not twice as much but I configured a three series touring to compare to my Cee'd SW even though I know its not big enough to take my mobility scooter because I tried one.

That came to around £26,000 so £10,000 more and I cant get the scooter in.

Also a series one that came to about £22,500 so about £6,500 more and definitely no room for my scooter.

They are very good cars and they have a host of choices including upholstery colour if a three series touring would have done the job I would have gone for a nearly new part used one if I could get the colours I wanted.

JCA142 was the seven year option given just by the dealer or was it a special KIA one?

KIA support various special offers from time to to time when I ordered mine it was a diesel for the same price as a petrol but I still chose petrol as it suited my driving requirements better.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
jca142
You are very lucky getting that deal, quite a result.

Eric

Looked at the 3 series estate but the X1 looked far better value, bottom line was neither was big enough in the luggage area. The Ceed SW appeared perfect and very good value, fingers crossed now I have one. The 7 year warranty certainly made the decision easier, the 1 year breakdown made no difference to me.

All I am saying is for a few pounds Kia could add a lot more value. If you look in What Carmore brands have a3 year breakdown cover than a 1 year. When Kia lead the industry with the completeness of the 7 year warranty (the 5 year paint coveris also an industry best Ithink)it seems a bit strange to be lagging behind with breakdown cover.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts