Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2004 kia sedona 2.9D my problem is the same, but it only every now and then, i press the break it puts the side lights on, if i put my lights on it puts the break lights on, but only now and then. to reset this i have to turn off the car engine, then the lights, then lock it on the remote and then its reset, i think its a relay problem myself as it only happens every now and then mainly at night. if anyone has got an answer please its driving me mad.

·
Registered
662 Posts
does the car have tow bar fitted could be issue with type of relay fitted to the tow bar back feeding the sidelight circuit have also seen this happen with faulty rear light unit

·
Registered
2 Posts
My problem was easy to solve but made me look very very stupid!!!!

I had a brake light that went, so I changed the bulb, that should sort it out I thought.......however, me being stupid, I replaced the bulb with a singleelementand it should be a double.

Have now replaced with the correct bulb and all working fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i replaced both bulbs asadvised not got a tow bar on this one so i am waiting for it to go dark then i am gonna have a run out, its weird it sometimes goes ages no problems then i break a couple of times or sit with my break on at lights and the break lights stick on, i pull over turn lights off and pressthe break and the inside dash lights and side lights come on, if i turn the lights off the break light goes off and on perfectly its when its got lights and i use the break it plays up, the break sensor on thepedalis working fine as it goes off and on perfectly its just weird how its not all the time?? been to the garage and they looked at it and said it was fine drove home and it went dark put my lights on and all was well until ibrakedand pow they were stuck on again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it does play up again i will get two new light clusters, why is it not all the time though??? unless its a wire that gets hot or something? weird thing is though soon as i turn everything off and lock and unlock the car it resets it? thats what spooks mne the most could it be a relay or computer problem??

·
Registered
141 Posts
a bad earth can cause this problem aswell seen many cars have that same problem.
main signs of the bad earth is when applying brakes or when indicator on

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a very similar problem on a Kawasaki ZZR600 - applied the front brake lever and the side lights came on. I also thought of an earth problem and was busy checking out the wiring when I happened to notice that after removing one of the 2 twin filament brake bulbs it stopped. Put it back in and the problem was there again. VERY CLOSE inspection of the bulb showed that the wire at the end of one filament was bent just enough to touch the other filament which caused the problem.
New 50p bulb and problem gone !
Worth a look I think.

Best of luck
Ian

·
Registered
49 Posts
silly question but have u checked the bulbs are fitted the right way round? if twin element bulbs are fitted the wrong way, will cause this problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts