Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dose of rain we've had recently seems to have sparked off quite a few breakdowns this week. Nearly gotafull house on breakdown bingo (a little game I play to pass the time on the motorway).
Spotted:

3 Audis (no surprise there)
2 Mercs
1 VW
1 BMW
2 Fords
1 Renault
1 Seat
1 Citroen
1 Mazda
2 Pugs
2 Vauxhalls

0 Kias!

Edited by: M4trundler

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
vass177 said:
how does this game work ??
Well first you hand over £5 to either M4 or myself for the the instructions.
I will send out instructions on the game and how to make £5.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol Davy!!! Sounds like a good scheme,

Hi Vas, It's a game to try and work out what the most unreliable make of car is. As you drive along you make a note of the models of the cars you see broken down by the side of the road. The winner is the make you see least frequently. People with more imagination (like Davy) probably can think of more interesting rules than me

For example, if you've got kids in the car you canget them tochose whatthey thinkthey will see broken down most often and guess the number of those cars they'll see on the journey by the side of the road. Winner gets a packet of sweets...

Of course, if you break down, all bets are off!!!

My score for yesterday was:

1 Skoda
1 BMW
2Fords
1 Nissan (was surprised by that one)

Sadest thing I saw a couple of weeks ago was a brand new Audi TT being towed off the hard shoulder of the M4, couldn't help feeling sorry for them...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
davy said:
I tried the game on my bike but the pen and paper kept blowing away
Sounds like you need some waterproof tape and a pencil on a string!

Yesterday saw:

BMW
Mini (BMW)
Alpha
Mitsubishi

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
davy said:
Sorry Dano I only take Scottish Fivers
Ah, but which one? Everytime I go to Scotland I get all sorts of different notes depending on which bank they come from. I'm sure it's just a joke played on us tourists...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Ah, but which one? Everytime I go to Scotland I get all sorts of different notes depending on which bank they come from. I'm sure it's just a joke played on us tourists...

[/QUOTE]

No its no joke. Wait till you get a white one

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, here's the "official" scoring system:
For each car you see broken down on the hard shoulder you get points (as per the list below). Points are doubled if you see the car actually being towed or on the back of a breakdown flatbed. Then you divide your score by the number of miles you've driven (so long as the distance is greater than 1 mile!). If you break down yourself, then your score is automatically zero. Points are not a direct indicator of reliability, but reflect the numbers of cars of each type on the road and so the probability that they will be seen.

Make:points:

Audi 1
Mercedes1
VW 1 (unless it's a Passat, which you get 0 points for, as they break down so often)
BMW 1
Ford2
Renault 2
Pergeot 2
Citroen 2
Vauxhall2
Fiat 3
Skoda3
Mini4
Volvo4
Rover 4
Seat 5
Mazda5
Toyota 7
Nissan 7
Honda 8
Mitsubishi10
Jaguar 15
Landrover 15
Suzuki 20
Daewoo 25
Hyundai 40
Kia100

So off you go, let me know what your highest score is!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts