Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its replacement brake time for my Optima Gt Line s. What's everyone's opinion on the major suppliers like KwikFit and National Tyre?
I will need new rotors and pads for the front and possibly new pads on the rears.
Has anyone had their brakes replaced recently? If so what was the cost?
TIA.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Personally, I would use a local Independent Garage over a Fast Fit.
That said, I have had good Service from Kwik Fit in recent Years and Brake Discs/Pads are fairly simple to replace.
Only potential issue with Indy and Fast Fit might be if you have an Electronic Hand Brake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That said, I have had good Service from Kwik Fit in recent Years and Brake Discs/Pads are fairly simple to replace.
Only potential issue with Indy and Fast Fit might be if you have an Electronic Hand Brake.
KwikFit wanted £420 for front rotors and pads, I got it done yesterday at a local garage in Windsor for £200 fitted.

·
Registered
Optima Sportwagon CRD 3 ISG DCT
16 Posts
Wood Font Mesh Tints and shades Flooring

Sorry for the grainy pic, taken off a computer screen. It says (from Autodata, I'm a mechanic so we use this information system at work) and says you can do the rear pads but disconnecting the wiring from the Caliper and then wind back the piston. We use diagnostic equipment but this is definitely a way of doing them if you're charging them at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts