Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i have a 2006 xt diesel automatic.9 times out of 10 i brake at a roundabout and if its clear to go i put my foot back on the gas but theres a pause like theres no power, so naturally you press harder on the gas and all of a sudden power is back and you shoot off onto the roundabout really fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I am new to Sorento CRDi XS 2.5 2007
Is Turbo lag normal at between 1500 and 200 revs?
When it hits 2000 it goes like stink.
Great car so far

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah that's normal. Are you using kickdown? I dont have an auto but I presume the sorento has kickdown? That would certainly help in the situation you describe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for
your help Matt. The difference to the OP is with mine being a manual box there
is no power at all until you drop down a gear. I am getting more used to it now
but my previous car (Hyundai Santa Fe) would accelerate, albeit slowly. from just
below1500revs, where the sorento just seems to have no power at all. Thanks
for your help.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Looks like your EGR valve seats are leaking, as the exhaust gas corrode them,it is a common problem.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Exhaust gas recirculating valve.If you are a DIYER you will see it has two bolts fixing it to the intake manifold and two bolts fixing to the pipe.You can undo either of these and slip a thin metal shimbetween themto blank the gas flow off,then re-tighten. If then the problem of acceleration improves this then confirms you need a new valve.Buy a new genuine valve ,don'tbe tempted to get second hand as you will be wasting your money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts