Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
kia Ceed 4 ecodynamics 2013MY
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have total brake lights failure on 2013 MY 1.6 Ceed Ecodynamics GDI LEDs. I have change the pedal switch to eliminate and have discovered that the high level LED works if all rear combination lights are disconnected but fails when any are reconnected. Any thoughts gratefully accepted.
Paul

Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
Have you changed the fuse for a known good one? Same rating on another circuit which works and swap it. Don鈥檛 assume a new fuse is good

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes done all that. Removed supply pin in connector to leds in all other lights and all other lights work okay so I think earth is not the problem. as soon as any of the removed pins is reconnected High Level fails.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No nothing on brake lights at all, except high level when all other brake lights isolated when pin removed from each plug. No warning lights on dash and when AA connected his laptop no fault codes stored either.

Super Moderator
Combination ie brake and sidelight are LED reverse, indicators and fogs filament on both tailgate and rear quarter panel.
Are these std fitment or are the LED brake lights afterfited?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not with vehicle at the moment but am wondering if one LED array has failed and sending data to BCM and that is shutting power to the others. Any thoughts anyone?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not with vehicle at the moment but am wondering if one LED array has failed and sending data to BCM and that is shutting power to the others. Any thoughts anyone?
Disregard as now checked all LEDs and all check OK
Looking like BCM faulty any thoughts?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Disregard as now checked all LEDs and all check OK
Looking like BCM faulty any thoughts?
partial resolution faulty relay HA5B-C :giggle: just have to source replacement. It was giving 11.8v on low power loading, when loading increased voltage dropped to 1.5v. Never experienced this with a relay before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts