Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 57 reg Sedona for 4 weeks now. Only 8,000 miles on the clock.
It was juddering violently at motorway speeds, so itook it to the dealerand last weekthey fittednew front discs/pads and rear pads. The rear pads were 90% worn at <8,000 miles!

Even after that and almost £500 of my money the problem is still not sorted, it judders intermitently and i have just left it with dealer again.

I took a technician out for a 10 minute drive and when we stoppedthe offside front and near side rear wheels weretoohot to touch because the brakes were overheating.

Hasanybody else experiencedthesame problem and did the warranty pcik up the cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well known issue with early new shape sedonas, can't believe dealer has charged you for the privilage!
The servo rod at the master cylinder needs adjusting, theres 2 tech bulletins covering this issue.
You need a better dealer!
Brakes stick on, hence you've done discs and pads in 8000 miles!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is really helpful.

The technician i took out in the car mentioned something about a tech bulletin, i shall be demanding my money back tomorrow!!

Thanks Murphwiz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can i get access to the Tech Bulletins that relate to this fault, or at least give the dealerthe bulletin reference numbers?
I have rung Kia customer service myself but they can't help me as i am not a dealer.

I have rung the dealership but feel like i am being fobbed off

The dealershipare working on the carnow and iwant to point them in the right direction, firstly because i wantmy car fixedonce and for alland secondly because i think there is a defect on the car and i want to get my money back on the warranty.

Thanks in advancefor any advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts