Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i know the rear brakes on my sedona are drum .and i belive they are disc on the carnival is it possible to convert the sedona to disc

·
Registered
192 Posts
theres alot more into it than you think you need to change the hubs too and prob extened brake pipes a bit too plus you prob need to buy the hubs new and thats costly id leave as is bud.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Got to agree - there's the discs, calipers, back plates,brake shoes and cables(for handbrake)besides the hubs - and whats the benefit of upgrading to discs - drum brakes are probably as efficient as discs if properly maintained. You would also have to inform your insurance of the modification and knowing how they operate they would probably load your policy costs. Best left alone !

·
Registered
702 Posts
alcutler said:
Got to agree - there's the discs, calipers, back plates,brake shoes and cables(for handbrake)besides the hubs - and whats the benefit of upgrading to discs - drum brakes are probably as efficient as discs if properly maintained. You would also have to inform your insurance of the modification and knowing how they operate they would probably load your policy costs. Best left alone !
Got to agree with Alan and Pig, its not really worth the trouble or expense. Most of the braking on modern cars is done on the front brakes with the rear not providing much more than back up and to stop the thing standing on its nose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts