Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Bought a Sorento Today

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  colb 
#1 ·
After looking for ages at Sportages and Sorentos I finally went out today and bought a 2007 Sorento XE with 16k on the clock, spotless outside and inside so quite pleased.

Not impressed what they offered on my 2002 Sportage as a trade in but I was expecting that so it's on ebay now.

Will be putting a towbar on as soon as I can, anyone know where the wiring loom is in the back for connecting a custom trailer loom to?

Colb
formally Sportage Colb
now Sorento Colb

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks, Colb. I've read your post and it seems straightforward. As it happens, I have bought my towbar, Witter detachable, on ebay uk. It includes single electrics but I don't know if these are plug and play or scotchlock as it will only arrive by DHL this afternoon. If the latter, I may change them. I have a smart voltage-controlled relay to provide fridge power and battery charging on the move, something you wrote about as well. I was hoping there would be a power pick up in the rear for these, though you ran a wire from the engine compartment. I also have a 13 pin socket which I intend to use rather than the 7 pin, as the caravan is 13 pin (2006 Hobby 540 Ufe).

#5 ·
Littlejohn

You can get the Sorento specific wiring kit for the 13pin socket as well as the old 7 pin type, my van has 12N & 12S so thats why I went for them.

As to the power supply being taken from the boot area, there is the 12v socket on the offside that some people have used but a fridge can draw quite a load and the 12v feed wiring to the socket may proove to be not man enough for the load, thats why I went for the Smart relay direct from the battery. The wiring it came with was plenty long enough for the run front to back.

Colb

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.