Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for ages at Sportages and Sorentos I finally went out today and bought a 2007 Sorento XE with 16k on the clock, spotless outside and inside so quite pleased.

Not impressed what they offered on my 2002 Sportage as a trade in but I was expecting that so it's on ebay now.

Will be putting a towbar on as soon as I can, anyone know where the wiring loom is in the back for connecting a custom trailer loom to?

Colb
formally Sportage Colb
now Sorento Colb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have bought a 2007 diesel auto and want to fit a tow bar. Did you find out if there is an easy way to connect tow bar wiring in the back?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, Colb. I've read your post and it seems straightforward. As it happens, I have bought my towbar, Witter detachable, on ebay uk. It includes single electrics but I don't know if these are plug and play or scotchlock as it will only arrive by DHL this afternoon. If the latter, I may change them. I have a smart voltage-controlled relay to provide fridge power and battery charging on the move, something you wrote about as well. I was hoping there would be a power pick up in the rear for these, though you ran a wire from the engine compartment. I also have a 13 pin socket which I intend to use rather than the 7 pin, as the caravan is 13 pin (2006 Hobby 540 Ufe).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Littlejohn

You can get the Sorento specific wiring kit for the 13pin socket as well as the old 7 pin type, my van has 12N & 12S so thats why I went for them.

As to the power supply being taken from the boot area, there is the 12v socket on the offside that some people have used but a fridge can draw quite a load and the 12v feed wiring to the socket may proove to be not man enough for the load, thats why I went for the Smart relay direct from the battery. The wiring it came with was plenty long enough for the run front to back.

Colb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts