Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, new to the forum, just thought id like to say that have bought a second hand KIA Sedona 2.9CRDI LE MP needed room for family and largely surprised how much room we have got, i think its a great vehicle and would like to hear from others who have the same or similar opinion, or negatives alike, and even advise if i need it, hope to hear from you soon

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up my 07 TS on Saturday, I flippin love it :)it's replaced a Toyota Previa, and it's replaced it with ease ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my 03 sedona SE (emerald green metalic), last year to replace a 51 reg mondeo. 1st thing i had to get done was the timing belt, and a service, £500, you can prob get the timing belt kit cheaper than i did , £230, ,but its worth getting it done if the car has done about 60k miles, mine had done 57k. I also get it serviced every 10k. I alsohad the front discs and pads replaced as soon as i got the car , its a habit i have, its a safety thing especially with a new born grandson to transport. I got the discs and pads for £80 off ebay , a lot cheaper than Kia main dealer.On to my 2nd electric ariel, Changed the drivers side arm rest £94. (main dealer).The garage I got the car from had to fix the air-con, new condenser, new seals and re-fill, not sure what that cost but its worth getting done. we went to devon,(from northumberland),,last year , 1100 miles in a week, and couldnt have lived without the air-con. not sure about anyone else , but mine pulls to the left a little , even after having the tracking done after a new hub (£267 main dealer), bearing and intermedate steering shaft (£130 main dealer). Im very happy with the fuel consumption, 250+ miles from half a tank, and touring i managed to get 400 from half a tank. Keep an eye on the paintwork on the sills underneath the car, worth rubbing down and painting. I always keep the engine running for a minuite or so after i finish driving to help the turbo cool down before I turn it off. (someone at work said it helps prolong the life of the turbo). apart from the few probs and nearly £1000 in 12 months, its a bloody fantastic car to drive, very comfy, and with a roofbox and dvd players. you couldnt ask for more from a trourer... enjoy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi Fazertony, glad you like the Sedona, I agree its a fantastic people mpv. As regards the turbo, when you first start any engine that has a turbo fitted you do not rev the engine!!! this enables the oil pump to build up enough oil to supply all the moving parts of the engine especially the turbo bearings. At the end of a trip it is always advised to allow the engine to idle for a couple of minutes before switching off, not to cool down the turbo but to allow the turbo to slow down to its normal idling speed, otherwise the turbo would spin at a fast speed for quite a while, when the engine stops so does the oil supply! enjoy the van

·
Registered
28 Posts
cheers for that mininut,, thats defo what i do anyway,, but now i know why im doing it,, managed to get just over 200 miles from 1/4 of a tank (from full),,this weekend on a trip to Bishop Auckland to a car show ,, cheers for info,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi people glad to hear from feedback always good to know, however the internal dvd player isn't very good any suggestions as it only plays certain films regions 1, 4 & 6 as it is a kia ronsen player, if any similar problems please let us know, sorry been late getting back to you all as have not been on line for a couple of wks, best regards.

·
Registered
399 Posts
HI, only problem I had with the dvd was the screen would just go all funny. After several attempts by the kids to squeeze the screen to get the screen working again (I had made attempts to make repairs but after a while it would revert back to its usless condition) I decided to replace it with an unit I found on Ebay. the screen was bigger, it also came with two headphones and I can tune the radio to receive signals. Its also quite easy to adapt the original dvd subframe to mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi MININUT, thanks for your reply, still have problems with dvd unit but im not going to miss what i have never had, will look out for a second hand unit somewhere on ebay probably though will keep an eye on, all the best.,

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi the units I found on EBAY were about £80, just had to drill the mounting plate to correspond with the holes from the new dvd, easy. Anyway all the best from now on.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 2006 model with dvd headrest players, but extra baby now and need to put in head unit for the kids to view from rear seats....I bought a 1.04 unit, but looking at the backing plate....how do you fix this to roof without cutting a huge hole.....any help greatly appreciated, as i dont fancy removing head cloth with the side airbags and roof vents !!

Cheers

Taff

·
Registered
399 Posts
On the last model of the Sedona there is a crossmember from side to side, Its located roughly just behind the front seats. Im not sure if there's another further back, but this member usually can incorporate various backplate's

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry if i am a little thick here....the plate is 12 x 10 inches so i presume then it fits over the headcloth and just use fixing screws into x.member through the cloth....then bolt together.

The reason i am confused is that i saw a ytube video of a Kia being fitted with the Rosen unit, and they cut a oblong hole in the headlining[oh].......

Thanks for your patience

Taff

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not at all, what I'm trying to stress to you is that obviously you will need to cut the cloth, drilling, wiring etc. but you need to be careful you dont cut off too much! Find the crossmember without cutting,find the center from each side! then find the center of the width of the crossmember there you can begin. Offer up the center of the mounting plate to the center point on the roof lining mark the outline of the plate (dont cut more than you need) there you can work out how much lining to cut. It would be better to cut diagonally so that you leave all the lining. Hope it makes sense now.Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello people.

I have just purchased a 2nd hand Kia Sedona - 2008 LS model. I have had the vehicle for just over two weeks and have noticed a leak coming from underneath the car. I am very un-mechanical when it comes to cars and wanted to see if any of you fellow Kia owners had an idea what could be causing it. The leak appears to be just water, as it has no smell. It seems to be emanating from the passenger side around the underneath of the glove box. I have tried to locate the radiator to check the water level in there but can't seem to see it. Any help in locating this on my vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

I am hopeful that this is just a clogged A/C pipe or the screen wash pipe leaking but wanted to see if anyone else out there has had similar problems.

Thanks in advance
Chris.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts