Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 2021 Proceed GT last week with 600 miles on it. I would have loved the sunroof but I couldn't get a GT with one. There weren't many cars available with the 1.6 engine.
It's metallic blue. I'm really liking it so far. The exhaust sound was a surprise especially in Sport mode :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Arthur. The display says I'm averaging 38 mph at the moment so that's better than I've had for a while. I do such low miles it doesn't matter though. I've had the German brands recently C43, CLA45 and I'm surprised how nippy it is. Plenty for me. A sunroof would have made it perfect

Registered
Strangely, on Sunday I really missed having a s/roof in my last-gen ceed gt. Not sure why I've started missing it now! 馃榿

That sounds pretty good, so far, on the eco driving. Mine might have crept up to 28mpg over its life but I long ago gave up on +30mpg motoring. Driving it more than makes up for that though! 馃憤馃槈

Registered
2019 Proceed GT 1.6
Hi Sarah, great choice, especially the blue; my proceed still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! :)

A sunroof would have made it perfect
It's unfortunate, but in the UK specs it seems we can only get the Proceed GT with the 1.6 engine without the fancy trim like power memory seats and, like you said, sunroof.

Elsewhere in Europe they get the 1.6 GT with the full trim spec to go with it. I believe that's what @well_here_it_goes has in Denmark; he can probably shed more light on it if he sees this.

It seems if you want the full spec in the UK you need to make do with the lesser engine in the GT-Line S. Bit of an oversight if you ask me...

Registered
Hi Sarah, great choice, especially the blue; my proceed still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! :)

It's unfortunate, but in the UK specs it seems we can only get the Proceed GT with the 1.6 engine without the fancy trim like power memory seats and, like you said, sunroof.

Elsewhere in Europe they get the 1.6 GT with the full trim spec to go with it. I believe that's what @well_here_it_goes has in Denmark; he can probably shed more light on it if he sees this.

It seems if you want the full spec in the UK you need to make do with the lesser engine in the GT-Line S. Bit of an oversight if you ask me...
It's just a VPN, I'm in the Baltics :)

I think some of the sales reps are confused, so was mine - you can get the GT and the top spec with the 1.6.

Entry level trim does not have the 1.6 engine choice. You sure you can't option an electric seat? What's very annoying, that you can ONLY spec ventillated seats in the entry level, that's nonsense.

I'd love a sunroof (not so much maybe after reading about the rattle issues), but I can't fit the damn car and I'm only 190cm (6'3?).

So I'll be ordering a GT (GT TX is the top spec) so in the end I think it's more or less the same price, maybe a bit more, because I'll be getting all of the safety stuff and electric seat.

Congratson your GT! I hope to get the FL version in Q4.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I saw one on the autotrader site at a Castleford dealer that was advertised as a gt in blue with sunroof. When I spoke to the dealer, he spoke to me like I was an idiot saying that a gt does not have a sunroof. I thought, erm, it's your advert that is stating it has the sunroof. It does seem strange that the buyer has to go a bit slower regarding engine if they want a sunroof. I watched a review online and the chap said that Kia don't offer many tick boxes so that they flow through the factory better. I love it at the moment though. I'm trying to figure out which noise is coming from the exhaust and what is coming from the speakers when it's in Sport mode, especially when it changes down the gears as it sounds really loud.

Registered
2019 Proceed GT 1.6
When I spoke to the dealer, he spoke to me like I was an idiot saying that a gt does not have a sunroof. I thought, erm, it's your advert that is stating it has the sunroof.
Mine was the same when I bought it - apparently the KIA used site just pulls through whatever spec it feels like, not necessarily what the car actually has...

I'm trying to figure out which noise is coming from the exhaust and what is coming from the speakers when it's in Sport mode, especially when it changes down the gears as it sounds really loud.
If you check my post history, I've disconnected the control wire for the exhaust valve so it's always open, even in comfort mode. I can honestly say I don't notice much, if any difference in exhaust note between the two, it's plenty mean sounding.

I've read online that the Proceed plays fake exhaust noise but I really don't buy it - I certainly don't hear a difference or notice it being artificial! Maybe my speaker isn't working :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a Seat Cupra for a short time (1 month ha) and the fake noise in Cupra mode was obviously fake but this sounds like it's coming from the exhaust on the downshift when slowing down (I don't use the paddles). I know some people disconnected the sound acktuator so it stopped the fake noise from the speakers on the Seat Cupras :)
I will have a look at your threads to see what you have done (y)

Registered
Thanks everyone. I saw one on the autotrader site at a Castleford dealer that was advertised as a gt in blue with sunroof. When I spoke to the dealer, he spoke to me like I was an idiot saying that a gt does not have a sunroof. I thought, erm, it's your advert that is stating it has the sunroof. It does seem strange that the buyer has to go a bit slower regarding engine if they want a sunroof. I watched a review online and the chap said that Kia don't offer many tick boxes so that they flow through the factory better. I love it at the moment though. I'm trying to figure out which noise is coming from the exhaust and what is coming from the speakers when it's in Sport mode, especially when it changes down the gears as it sounds really loud.
It's rather simple with the fakesound and kinda obvious.

If you wanna hear the difference between the exhaust modes in normal/sport, do it in the underground parking, you'll hear it clearly.

When in sports mode, stepping on the gas will play a lot of sound via the center speaker - especially noticeable at 3-4rpm. It's a bit hilarious to be honest :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's the egine noise, not exhaust :) At least I believe so.
Have they added the pops and bangs from the exhaust sound to come through the speakers as I get those in Sport mode when slowing down and changing down the gears and I am hoping that it's only me who can hear and not people outside as it's quite loud?

Registered
Have they added the pops and bangs from the exhaust sound to come through the speakers as I get those in Sport mode when slowing down and changing down the gears and I am hoping that it's only me who can hear and not people outside as it's quite loud?
The burble from the exhaust can be heard outside. So it could be somewhat loud, but you're for sure getting the extra rev sound pumped through the speaker, paired with revs dropping quite slow.

I do hope this is possible to do, when I get mine delivered:

and then disconnect the exhaust valve, I want it to be somewhat of a golf gti, when it comes to DCT sounds :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. I had seen it disconnected on a Seat Cupra but not one of these. Good instructions. It would be even better if it was just in the glovebox for example and could be unplugged in seconds though. I don't think I have an eco mode on mine, it's just normal or sport. I have only had it 2 weeks so will check. I haven't used it much yet. I'm sure I get more exhaust noise from mine. It's still under 1k miles so I don't want to be trying too hard :)

Registered
Interesting. I had seen it disconnected on a Seat Cupra but not one of these. Good instructions. It would be even better if it was just in the glovebox for example and could be unplugged in seconds though. I don't think I have an eco mode on mine, it's just normal or sport. I have only had it 2 weeks so will check. I haven't used it much yet. I'm sure I get more exhaust noise from mine. It's still under 1k miles so I don't want to be trying too hard :)
oh this would be great if you would check it out, I have months until my car is ready :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine is a March 2021 registration but only had 600 miles on but I got it cheaper than a none owner new one. I will check as I didn't notice which model the one was on your video. I will come back to you later. Just going out

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can only see normal and sport modes on mine. No eco mode (not that I use that anyway) :)

Registered
Hi everyone, I bought a 2021 Proceed GT last week with 600 miles on it. I would have loved the sunroof but I couldn't get a GT with one. There weren't many cars available with the 1.6 engine.
It's metallic blue. I'm really liking it so far. The exhaust sound was a surprise especially in Sport mode :)
Hi Sarah
nice choice of car and colour my wife loved the white gt when we exchanged our sportage earlier in the year but wanted one with a sun roof. The sales man told us they had stopped making them and we would have to look for an ex demo or old stock and it was only fitted to the gt line s.
We found a demo gt line s one in blue with sun roof and all the gadgets fitted to it with only 1800 miles on it and have had smiles on our faces every time we drive it since. The car has the 1400 petrol engine but its more than enough to be able to get points easly on your licence.
Hope yours brings you as much pleasure as ours has.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, yes I'm enjoying it at the moment. I would have loved the sunroof as the Cla45 shooting brake I had just sold had the pano roof and I said my next cars would always have them. (I sold that and ended up with money back in my bank account plus the nearly new gt with what I got for the cla45). It was confusing as some dealers were advertising the Gt with a sunroof but when I rang them, they said it didn't come with one. After I had done more research, it was either a slightly smaller engine with sunroof or the 1.6 without sunroof (as you know). As I was coming from a merc c43 v6 and merc cla45, I thought that I should choose the slightly quicker engine. You are right though and I'm 50 and do follow the speed limits, 30 in a 30 etc so a fast car was wasted on me anyway (they did sound nice though). I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of the interior and I like details like the glossy black side vents on the bumpers.
I've had lots of white cars and given the choice, I would have gone for white but there weren't many available so ended up with the blue

1 - 20 of 23 Posts