Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a Sorento.

Is anyone able to recommend a high sided bootliner for when I'm only using five seats.

I bought a Bootbuddy liner but am looking for something more substantial or a soft liner which fits well.

I also need a bumper protector and ideally a mat.
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have just bought a new Sorento, I have placed a order with Rhino boot covers, it is made to measure for the Sorento, it cost £77. it is high sided with a flap that covers the bumper when the boot is opened. Look it up on the internet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, try formula 4x4 on the internet, they do a boot mat with raised sides for the 5 seat model and the 7 seat model. They have slightly different mouldings around the wheel arches. Apparently.(they show pictures of both)I have just bought a kx2 7 seater and ordered my boot mat yesterday along with a nice set of stainless side bars . Bars were £207 and boot mat was £34. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Thanks for that, how do you find your Sorento, we like ours but we have found it is not as good at towing as we would like after having the old Sorento.
Regards,

david john

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi, anyone looking for the boot liner I paid £34 + delivery for, I have found the same company selling it for approx £33 inc delivery on e-bay. Thats not like me to miss out on a few quid,lol. As for the towing experience. We had a sportage 2011 first edition until we bought the Sorento. The sportage was quicker away with the van on, but the fuel comsumption was very low as pulling 1500kg.
The sorento is slower away, but I hope to get more mpg as I will not be loading the engine as much,(I hope).
The plus side to the sorento is the seating capacity and the room in the boot. We can take the van the 2 kids/2 small dogs and my elderly parents all with ease in the sorento, but before we had to get my parents to drive to a site and meet us when we got there. (my dad is 81 and although still good behind the wheel he avoids driving in the dark when he can)so does not like us to travel too far, we now dont have this problem. PS we have a Thule 200 roof box which holds all our clothes.
I enjoy driving the sorento, but the sportage was alot more nippy around town.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for that Davy, but please give it a rest I got rid of the sportage because the issues with the wheels were making me ill. Kia still have not got back to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts