Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Got my new Rio yesterday, downsized from a 406. Now that I have a hatch I can put the dog in the boot but as the caris only a day old I don't want all his hair/slobber etc all over my nice new carpets!! Does anyone have any recommendations as to which is best for these? My last car was 'well-loved' and used and I wasnt too bothered by the hair everywhere but would prefer to keep this as clean as poss!

Thanks to all in advance.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Get a plastic tarpaulin and cover the boot area until there is a boot mat available. Or leave the mutt at home until you get one.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congratulations you maybe the 1st new Rio owner on the forum could you tell which model you bought and what are your thoughts?
Not much help with boot liner,maybe cut open some rubble sacks to fit and duck tape them together and to the inside.

Edited by: Armac08

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to disappoint you all, although it is a new Rio as in I'm first owner and it only had 12 miles on,it is the old shape that they were selling off on the 7 year switch scheme (like the old scrappage scheme). I have the 1.4 Domino which my husband is very pleasantly surprised with as there is a lot of gadgets etc for the money. I am extremely happy with it, especially as I put £20 of fuelin and it went to halfway, my old car took £96 to fill!
Went to Halfords and they had dog mats that extend out over the bumper so it doesn't get scratched and are washable so looks like the dog might get a ride sooner than I thought!

·
Registered
234 Posts
No worries the old Rio is still a great car as you already know and you will find plenty of help here should you need it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kia do a custom made boot liner, which is what you really need for this. Mine cost £60 but it really is worth it as it's the correct shape and has the cut-outs for the ISOfix child seats.

Also, B&Q were doing a cheap woven plastic bootliner for £0.99 earlier this year, which is a useful addition when you've got dirty things like gardens and dogs.

I've also got a Domino and am delighted with it - enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts