Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiy everyone, Ive a 53 Sedona, the boot lid wont open on the remote fob or the key, it did work fine up until today, now cant seem to be able to push the release to open it. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Richard.

·
Registered
390 Posts
rich5 said:
Hiy everyone, Ive a 53 Sedona, the boot lid wont open on the remote fob or the key, it did work fine up until today, now cant seem to be able to push the release to open it. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Richard.

Try pushing the handle to boo forward then pull forward to open make sure the key has 'opened' theboot tho. I had this prob on mine,although, not fob action. I pushed handle forward first then opened now is always ok.

Answer is not alway..."see your dealer please", there are Kia mechanics who use this site a give info for free...beware of see dealer answers.

Steve G

·
Registered
702 Posts
rich5 said:
Cheers Stevegx, ill try that.
It'sa common problem on sedona back hatches and taking the time and trouble to dismantle it and grease everything works for around 6-12 months before it starts again. Just do as Steve says and if that fixes it just learn to live with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry pushed wrong buttonthe tailgate handle is siezed in the open position which will not allow the lock/unlock latch to operate.
i do not agree that if you strip and free the handle it will do it again.
i have done this repair many times and if done correctly will be good for another 7 years

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did what Steve said and its fine now, the part does need greasing because its not cocking it self. But thats no problem, but for now its sorted. Cheers lads.

·
Registered
390 Posts
rich5 said:
I did what Steve said and its fine now, the part does need greasing because its not cocking it self. But thats no problem, but for now its sorted. Cheers lads.
Hi Rich.
Thanks for the 'brownie point'.

Steve G

·
Registered
11 Posts
So glad I found this site. Been scratching my head as to the problem with my hatch. Seems I have the common problem, the operating lever seems stiff. I'm going to strip it tomorrow and grease everything in sight!

Thanks for the probable solution.

·
Registered
702 Posts
dunrankin said:
So glad I found this site. Been scratching my head as to the problem with my hatch. Seems I have the common problem, the operating lever seems stiff. I'm going to strip it tomorrow and grease everything in sight!

Thanks for the probable solution.
The other option is to just push the handle back when you lock it then it seems to open ok when you unlock it and use the handle , just have to remember to do it every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK thanks. Stuck again at the mo because I didn't check the handle! I think I will grease it, hopefully sorting it for a while!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts