Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66reg Sportage. I went to open the boot today and the gas struts have failed - they won't stay so the boot is stupidly heavy. I rang my local Kia dealership but they can't look at the job for over 3 weeks to say if it's a warranty issue or not.

So I'm contemplating just ordering some and fitting them myself. Is it an easy job and where would you advise I get them from? The numbers on each strut are:

LH
81770-F1000
332945 0600N 209/16 A32

RH
81770-F1000
334140 0600N 256/16 A32

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Thanks. I saw them but as either side has a different code number I didn't know if that one would be suitable for both sides or not?
A simple phone call might resolve that issue. They are a very good company and I recently recommended them on another forum to a member looking for some trolley jacks.. when he came back he said that they were of very high quality but I already knew that..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi just to say be carefull doing this job the boot is really heavy best 2man job boot wont stay up even with 1 strut in place
Thank you. I think I'll wait until Kia tell me if it's a warranty repair first. I assume it will be as they shouldn't have failed after just a few years. Just annoying I have to wait 3 weeks

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
There was a recall for boot struts failing on my Mazda 6. If this becomes a common occurrence perhaps the same might happen with Kia.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Perhaps an option is to buy original parts from your dealer, fit yourself, and assume you'll get a refund when the warranty claim is approved. The dealer should be able to tell you if that can be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.