Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66reg Sportage. I went to open the boot today and the gas struts have failed - they won't stay so the boot is stupidly heavy. I rang my local Kia dealership but they can't look at the job for over 3 weeks to say if it's a warranty issue or not.

So I'm contemplating just ordering some and fitting them myself. Is it an easy job and where would you advise I get them from? The numbers on each strut are:

LH
81770-F1000
332945 0600N 209/16 A32

RH
81770-F1000
334140 0600N 256/16 A32

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I saw them but as either side has a different code number I didn't know if that one would be suitable for both sides or not?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Thanks. I saw them but as either side has a different code number I didn't know if that one would be suitable for both sides or not?
A simple phone call might resolve that issue. They are a very good company and I recently recommended them on another forum to a member looking for some trolley jacks.. when he came back he said that they were of very high quality but I already knew that..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A simple phone call might resolve that issue. They are a very good company and I recently recommended them on another forum to a member looking for some trolley jacks.. when he came back he said that they were of very high quality but I already knew that..
Great, thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi just to say be carefull doing this job the boot is really heavy best 2man job boot wont stay up even with 1 strut in place
Thank you. I think I'll wait until Kia tell me if it's a warranty repair first. I assume it will be as they shouldn't have failed after just a few years. Just annoying I have to wait 3 weeks

·
Registered
700 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty ~2 years ago. I had to wait about he same timeframe as they have given you.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
149 Posts
There was a recall for boot struts failing on my Mazda 6. If this becomes a common occurrence perhaps the same might happen with Kia.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Perhaps an option is to buy original parts from your dealer, fit yourself, and assume you'll get a refund when the warranty claim is approved. The dealer should be able to tell you if that can be done.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Been there if you buy and fit the part dont matter it you buy original they wont put the claim though warranty best thing to do if you can dont touch any thing till dealer has look at it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts