Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of the newbies discovered your secret power boost button yet.and no it aint a late april fool

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The Focus TDCi was supposed to have overboost, never found it in 5 years.

The Ceed has the "go faster button", works a treat, really gets going when you press hard on the accelerator past the first stop, makes the 1600 CRDi feel like a 2 litre. Dealer never mentioned it, only found it by accident when fitting the mats, the last 1/2" of travel probably,it is briefly mentioned in the manual if you search.

I think the feature is actually designed to improve fuel consumption Davy. Since you have to press really hard to access the last bit of travel on the pedal it prevents you from going really fast all the time. Imagine what consumption people would be getting if all the power was easilly accessible.

Paul

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry just having thoughts of the flintstone's when they used to press their boost button in their cars,and the sound effects...lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i thought it was an accelerator pedal fault...lol....as it didnt make much difference initially..... but it does now the car is run in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I did as well tempest, but not only that, so did the local KIA dealer. They replaced the pedal and potentiometer to find the replacement operated exactly the same. KIA UK had to send an urgent memo round the dealers to tell them about the device. It is now included as part of the cars spec and is in the handbook.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Now now chaps no speeding around ,just because you have found the secret go faster solution to increased fuel consumption. I have not filled mine up to the topfor 1000 miles nowbut I am saving all the diesel figures and I will fill it up this week and see if running around without hauling the extra weight of a full tank makes any difference, my Soul Tempest pedal is normally on the floor most of the time.I work it very hard, I don't mess about on the motorway though cars do pass me now and again.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No it does not make any difference ! 964 miles added all the litres up and guess what 41.6 mpg average. For me not to bad but not fantastic.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My old non turbo diesel Ibiza used to do 67mpg steady cruising.....
My Old Turbo Diesel Doblo used to do 58mpg steady cruising.........
theres progress for you.......lol
Edited by: tempest

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
What I need to do is to have a company car again with somebody else paying for all the fuel and running costs, o joy !
Only had the tax to pay on it though when I used my own car for work 41p per mile tax free was not to bad. There was the good times but no more.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Back in the 80's and early 90's my motoring was completely free. Tax free business mileage at 43p per mile plus subsidised mileage from home tothe office. My monthly expenses paid the car loan, petrol bill and service costs, no chance now though.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Life was good in the late 70s and 80s- early 90s ,worked for a very large company with choice of car all paid for ,it was'nt until the tax came in with a vengance about 2000 ish that it was getting not worth having a company car. We had two aircraft we used and business was good , no problems at all until the early 90s when it started to get tight.I have retired now and you can have the rat race.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have been pressing the button all day Zumbie and my mpg has gone down to 40mpg . I have given my other car now to my son,I bought the Soul Tempest for my wife, she is not to happy as it's the only car we have now so she does not get to drive as often.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Time to start a new thread, "how much have you reduced your diesel consumption by preesing the go faster button a ll day", takes all sorts I guess. I use mine for what it was designed to do, overtaking and not as a toy.

Paul

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ohh er...sutton seven..you must off over boosted your button..because you seem to off bye-passed your sense of humour.go back to your own section and study your navel fluff,and dont tell pple how to drive.very anal at times

Edited by: zumbie

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Now now chaps, I overtake all the time so have to use it more often. Have you looked at the Auto Express last week, they have what is suppose to be the new Soul or at least the way the new Soul is moving in design. Not my cup of tea at all. It looks like a shoe box on wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts