Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES. Thats right guys. Wallop out of the blue I get the phone call that I can collect tonight. After 10 long months the day is finally here. I can't actually believe it!! Pretty pleased. I will bore you all with sado pictures once I get the beast! Let's hope they have the right colour. Knowing my luck I will get there and it's orange!!
Cheers for the support this forum has offered up over the last so many months
Ell

·
Registered
290 Posts
Makes you wonder why it can take so long when most garages now seem to have a stock of unsold various model and colour Sportages in.Many years ago i swore i would never order another new car after a 4 month wait for my new XR3 to arrive(wrong colour and spec from order)to be told by red faced salesman it had been stolen from forcourt 2 hours earlier.Since then i have always managed to find my new cars to my own spec from garage stock with a bit of looking .This includes my present Sportage .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice one mate!

Still no call for me yet, odd seeing as though ours were on the same boat!!

Never mind though, all this rioting means I can't collect the damn thing anyway so it matters not really!

Paul

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello all

I have ordered a new Sportage in Malta last June, and at the time of ordering was told that would wait three months for it. Phoned last week and was told I would be lucky if I got it for Christmas, the reason being that the factory in Slovakia was not coping with the demand. I didn't Swallow this reason.

What reason have you got from your dealers for such long wait times?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told every story under the sun. But the main reason and consistent reason was the 2 ltr diesel engine. I was told it was a Mercedes unit and supply couldn't meet demand. I also had thus verified by a journalist with a website called honest johns. Good luck mate. I feel your pain!!

Ps had car nearly 2 weeks and I totally love it. I smile when I walk upti it and drive it whenever i can!! It was worth the 10 month wait!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello Ellovich,

Thanks for your reply. Well 10 months wait is very bad, I hope I don't go through this long wait as well. Congratulations, I'm happy for you!

I was going to get the 20 diesel automatic but the salesman managed to convince me otherwise, mainly price wise, and also since the bigger the engine here, the higher the road tax costs which in turn equal to low market value of the car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I hope you dont intend to tow with your new toy.
I have a 6 month old (ORANGE) first edition and have recently towed some 400 miles and the best fuel consumption is 21 MPG. YES thats right 21 MPG.

Let me know if anyone wants a mint orange FE for sale in Yorkishire.

PS best around town is 30 MPG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts