Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you make a voice call on the Soul can receive them OK and if say the number it seems to
put the digits on the screen - but how do i make a voice call from my phone list - it seems to
download the list OK - have read and reread the book time after time but do not know if the
system is intelligent enough to understand my phone list - or do i have to manually re-enter
the numbers in with a voice tag ? any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Picasso! I havn't tried the Numbers call in mine I use the name, I presume you have linked you phone to the car, when I hit the call button (the one with half a face on) mine asks me if I want to make the call by Number or Name if I say the name it then asks If I want to call or cancel, if I say call it then dials the number, so I presume it does the same if you put the number in, You don't say if yours is a new car but if it is and your stuck pop into your dealer and if the are like mine they will set it up for you,, I know you have to link the phones to the car and I believe you can link up to 5, if your car is used it may be linked to a different network, IE T-Mobile, if your using say Vodaphone it won't recognise your phone,, I know you link it by voice via the settings in the menu when you hit the lttle Face button, hope thats of some help and I'm not teaching you to suck eggs
Regards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tks Mowjo have the phone connected and can recieve calls but what name do you
say when you want to call ? the name on your handset list which you typed in when you put the numbers in your phone originally ? all mine keeps saying is "Pardon" then tells me to get stuffed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
oh, i know thAT FEELING WELL, blue tooth is really pissing me off, have tried to say number and name by more than 1 sylabelle, but my daughter is deaf, and this is really getting to me

·
Registered
27 Posts
Picasso I must admit mine has trouble recognising certain names, it dosn't like short names, I had a Caz on mymobile and all I got was Pardon, I changed it to Cazmobile and now it's fine, It did the same thing with the name Nats Ichanged ittoNatalie, It's weird if I say callCaroline, it will say back call Calomine,I also found it recognised the name better if I kept my voice down, I've had to change a few of my shorter names like Bob to Bobhome or Bobmobile, I basically had to changea few names on my Mobile to suit the cars bluetooth but now I can call them all, around 90, I havn't tried the numbers yet but if it can't recognise simple names I don't think I stand a chance with numbers,,,,
Regards Mowjo,,,,

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've been using the Bluetooth for ova a year without a problem until I bought a SMART phone last August. Since then I've not been able to make a call by name.
Picasso, you call the name as it is on the phone, it's not going to recognise any other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok a little update, as I had to take my car in today, I had a word with the Salesman as I know he drives a Soul, I asked if he had any problems with the bluetooth making number or name calls, he did until he changed his phone, so previous post might be onto something, he also saidit is very sensitive, as in it's programed in Queens English, so if you have an accent it can have problems recognising your speech, makes sense as I can't pronounce R's properly, and they can pick up road and traffic noise affecting thevoice input,,my phone is an oldish Vodaphone so when I got home I decided to try something, I made a few name calls to ones I've had problems with and a few number calls and got the usual pardon, so went and got the Wife who is very well spoken and got her to make exactly the same calls, guess what? yup! every call went through no problem, so my thinking now is Picasso and me just arn't posh enough for our bluetooth, the other thing is after trying number calls I won't be using that again, it takes ages as you have to say each number and get the voice inbetweeneach number asking if you want to add a number, delete a number, or call, I was at the local shops and by the timeI'd put all the numbers in and said call, I was outside my house anyway, so now I'm updating my phone list so I have every name I need to call on it,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It must be our Essex dialect Mowjo - I have tried everything suggested by everyone on this thread
and cant get it to work oh well - i will have save money and let people call me .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there - just thought I'd add to the 'bluetooth' tips - I have an iphone and it seems to work well - the only thing I find is that although all the names are in my phone list I have to say the surname first - as long as I do that it works very well. Not sure if that is of any help but it solved my problem!!All the best

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I'm out of suggestions apart from dropping into a dealer to see if they would be nice enough to help, Only had my Soul fot about 4 weeks and I'm on first name terms with everyone at my dealers, it's their fault they did say if I had any questions pop in and they would help,just for the record I tried to call my daughter today and after loads of PARDONS,I actually told it to F-Off, and guess what?? it said PARDON still It kept the wife amused,,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tempest! the only good thing from my point of view is I hate using Phones in any form, so the fact I'm not Posh enough for my Bluetooth isn't a problem, the thing I like about this forum is your not alone if you have a problem with anything,I never even thought I had a problem with my Bluetooth until Picasso mentioned it, I've had my Soul 2 for about a month now and can honestly say there's nothing I don't like about it,I did find the heating controls a bit confusingbut I'm used to that now, I've had a few different makes of car over the years but the Soul is one of the best if not the best,
Regards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I second thagt Mowjo best car i have ever owned and have owned quite a few - I was going to
buy my usual mark a Citroen but just by chance i said to my son i am going to take a look at Kia
as you seem to get a lot for your money, thinking the quality was going to be cheap. Boy how
surprised I was didnt look at any other model soon as I saw the Soul that was the one for me
had 7/8 to choose from drove me mad walking around all the same A1 condition mine had 13.5k
miles on the clock but got the full 7 years/113.500 miles guarantee came down to colour in the
end chose a moonlight blue. The quality I have to say is equal to any of the other brands of cars
or even better the criticism I have is that the ride could be a tad softer or the seat base a bit
more springy - hey but thats me used to driving French Citroen/Renault cars.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
They are very good cars and they do appear to listen to the customers, i was sat in a 2012 on saturday morning and i noticed several little picky details on mine had all been improved on the 2012, the centre sunglasses holder was better designed, the dashboard felt more up market, the doors closed better, its a damn good car. And thats without taking it on the road and having more gears, less noise and a slightly better ride.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am tempted I must say i asked my dealer for p/x price against a new one - he hasnt come back to me in 3 days I guess as I have only had it 2.5 mjonths there wont be enough money involved for
him to be interested - spose i will have to wait till later this year when its devalued a bit more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts