Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First post so apologies if this has been covered before.

Currently have a Ceed CRDI 3 SW on order, should arrive October/November fingers crossed. The spec says the car has a Bluetooth enabled radio which is something new to me, the salesman told me if I had a Bluetooth phone they would communicate by some kind of magic which was of no interest to me since my phone is not Bluetooth.My phone now needs replacing and it seems sensible to buy a Bluetooth one but how do I choose? Spoke to Kia who said that they have a list of phones that work and gave me a list of Nokia ones. I was stunned to find that the cheapest was £150 and was a used reconditioned phone at that, never spent more than £25 on a phone before. Looked at Carphone Warehouse and Orange Shop and they both do a Nokia for about £25-30 which is Bluetooth but it would be very dissapointing if it did not connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Kia Ceed Sw and i have a Samsung Mobile phone with BT and it all works fine! So buy any phone with BT and it will work! The salesman will help you set it up the day you takedelivery of your new car!The only thing i have noticed is that the actual connection when you are on the road is not great! I am thinking about getting a BT hands free kit to use. I can hear people very clearly but they for some reason cannot hear me so well.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again

Days after my original post my phone died and that nice Mr Orange sent me a free new one that had Bluetooth, a Nokia 2330. Its probably one of the cheapest (must be if they give them away) at about £25. Got the Ceed SW last week and finally got round to trying to pair the phone and car. Took about 30 seconds and works brilliantly on the drive, lets hope its as good on the move. Bit of a result for £0.00.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts