Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got the new Sportage, all's good so far (touch wood). Except for one thing: The Bluetooth support.

I can successfully pair my Bluetooth phone (Nokia X2-00) with the car. But after a few days the pairing starts to fail with the error "Pairing Failed".

There's nothing I can do, other than delete the phone from the car, and the car from the phone and start again.

Has anyone else solved this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had problems with my old Blackberry Curve. It paired once only and then fails thereafter. Similar to your problem.

I now have a new BlackBerry Curve and the pairing problem appear to have gone away although I don't use the car enough to provide a conclusive test. Other members have pointed me to the U.S. Kia forums where similar issues encountered and work-around offered. (changing some of the Bluetooth configuration options in the phone)

My wife's iPhone 4 pairs and works although the after a few days the "accept" and "cancel" buttons fail to work. I thought it was a loose wire in the steering wheelbut when phone and car are reset and paired again the buttons work for a while. The Kia Bluetooth software isflakey and I will be bringing this up on it's first service. I'm too lazy to complain at the mo. Try looking at the U.S./International forums,, some good stuff there.One drawbackis more often than not the postings become a battle ground between Canadians and Americans trading insults. Can get a bit frustrating when all you need are the facts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got a HTC HD2 , Windows mobile 6.5 phone. The o/s is junk and bluetooth with the sportage was very hit and miss.

I've now learnt how to flash the phone so put android on it and that works perfectly with the phone although it has once failed to pair and nothing other than turning car off would resolve the issue.

I think it's a littel ropey the car as well as half the phones out their in terms of BT.

Slim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts