Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I picked up my 2011 Sportage SX yesterday and everything seems great except when I connect the bluetooth to my Iphone everyone says it's like I'm far away and muffled. Being a mechanic Icouldn'tresist so here's what I found. The mic is in the roof above the drivers head and will come out by gentle prying with a very small screwdriver (like for glasses repair). Once you get the housing down the mic is pushed inside of that and will come out with gentle pulling but don't pull the wires. I found that there was a small dust cover attached to the face of the mic and a dot of glue directly over the outlet hole to the housing. Since this is where the sound travels thru I just removed the dust cover (just a small piece of cloth) and reassembled. Problem solved! If you are going to attempt this just be very careful as the wiring is quite small in diameter. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the info and let me add you REALLY need to take care when doing this job. I tried it and ripped the very thin wires.

I just hope it works (after I get the wires repaired).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank the original poster for experimenting with the microphone and coming up with a solution. I did exactly what he stated, and everything worked exactly like he said. I Even did a test call, and they said it's perfect. Once again thanks for your expertise.

This fix worked on Kia Forte 2010 lx. One thing I'll note on my model of car I removed the center mic with the 3 lines and then you will see a microphone. Once u do that I had to remove a white cover with 4 clips . Pry each off and cover comes off be careful not to pull wires out then remove white cap and remove little peace of dark filter over microphone cap thst has four clips. Then reassemble.

If done right it will work just like original first poster stated.

Thanks again, I wanted to add a few points because these things go along way for everyone .

Enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts